Grade 8 Geography Strand A FRENCH EDITION: Teachers are provided with 15 in-depth lessons to help their students explore and understand global settlement patterns and their effect on the environment. This resource contains individual PDFs of student pages to assist with online learning e.g. Google Classroom.
Note: All student-facing pages are in French, all teacher-facing pages (lesson plans and answer keys) are in English. All videos are in English due to the challenges of finding content in French.
Curriculum Alignment: Ontario Social Studies Curriculum 2018 Strand A.
Also Available In English: Grade 8 Geography
Included Lessons and Assignments:
- Why Study Geography? (As/For Learning)
- Mapping Skills Review (For Learning)
- Map of Canada Assignment (Of Learning)
- What is Geography? (For/As Learning)
- World Map Assignment (Of Learning)
- Spatial Patterns in Human Settlement Part 1 (As Learning)
- Spatial Patterns in Human Settlement Part 2 (As Learning)
- Settlement Factors (As Learning)
- Global Settlement Patterns (As Learning)
- Land Use Case Study: Caledonia, Ontario (As/Of Learning)
- Mid Unit Test (Of Learning)
- Trends in Human Settlement (As Learning)
- Environmental Impact of Human Settlement (As Learning)
- Settlement Issues (As Learning)
- Sustainable Settlements (As Learning)
- Community Sustainability Audit (Of Learning)
- Geography Inquiry on Land Reclamation or Land Use Conflicts (Of Learning)
- Unit Test (Of Learning)
- Regular and reliable internet is required for this unit.
- Research is not included for inquiry stations. Students must gather the research themselves from a textbook, non-fiction books, or online sources.
Need to go paperless? Check out the digital expansion pack for this unit. Grade 8 Digital Strand A. This expansion pack contains all of the student output pages in a Google Slides format. This will save you time at the photocopier! Note: The expansion pack is NOT a complete unit. You will need to purchase the complete unit.
Other Grade 8 French Social Studies Resources
- Individual PDFs of student pages for uploading to Google Classroom or other online learning portals
- Detailed unit plan
- Answer keys
- Lessons divided up with title pages for easy access
- 15 different lessons
- Lots of variety and student choice on assignments
- Detailed teacher and student directions
- Q Chart to help students formulate good questions
- Inquiry-based learning
- Inquiry stations research folder cover pages
- Inquiry station cards with detailed instructions
- Inquiry station graphic organizers to help students with their research
- Oral presentation assessment rubric
- geographic content assessment rubric
- Writing assessment rubric
- Variety of assessment formats (inquiry, assignments, quiz, and test)