Grade 8 Geography Bundle
This comprehensive Grade 8 Geography Bundle covers both Strand A and Strand B of Grade 8 Geography for the Ontario Curriculum. With 35 in-depth lessons at your fingertips, you can now guide your students on an exciting journey to explore and understand global settlement patterns, their environmental impact, economic development, and how quality of life is impacted by many factors. With this Grade 8 Geography Bundle, you can inspire your students to become global citizens with a deeper understanding of the changing world.
Curriculum Alignment: Aligned with the Ontario Social Studies Curriculum 2023 Grade 8 Geography Strand A and B.
What’s Included in this Comprehensive Unit?
- Enjoy a wide array of interesting and immersive lessons.
- Utilize these audio resources to enhance learning experiences.
- Stay organized with detailed plans for each day’s instruction.
- Empower students with the freedom to choose their learning paths.
- Differentiated Tasks: Tailor tasks to meet individual students’ needs and abilities.
- Foster curiosity and critical thinking through inquiry-based approaches.
- Enhance comprehension and organization with visual aids.
- Mix and match inquiry, assignments, quizzes, and tests for varied assessment approaches.
- Evaluate overall student performance at the end of each unit.
- Clear and detailed rubrics for hassle-free grading and feedback.
- Easily check and provide feedback with comprehensive answer keys.
- Access interactive and collaborative student materials in Google Slides™ formats.
- Share PDFs of student materials on Google Classroom™ for easy access and distribution.
Strand A Lesson Overview
- Why Study Geography?
- Mapping Skills Review
- Map of Canada Assignment
- What is Geography?
- World Map Assignment
- Spatial Patterns in Human Settlement Part 1
- Spatial Patterns in Human Settlement Part 2
- Settlement Factors
- Global Settlement Patterns
- Land Use Case Study: Caledonia, Ontario
- Mid Unit Test
- Trends in Human Settlement
- Environmental Impact of Human Settlement
- Settlement Issues
- Sustainable Settlements
- Community Sustainability Audit
- Geography Inquiry on Land Reclamation or Land Use Conflicts
- Unit Test
Strand B Lesson Overview
- Examining Quality of Life
- Geographic Inequalities Vocabulary
- Quality of Life Indicators
- Scatter Graphs
- Millennium Development Goals
- Quality of Life Research Presentation
- Population Pyramids
- Mid-Unit Test
- Media and Quality of Life
- Quality of Life Inquiry
- Economic Systems
- Economic Sectors
- Economic Systems and Sectors Quiz
- Economic Development Factors
- Global Wealth Distribution
- Unit Test
Do you have students working below grade level? Check out this modified bundle – that compliments this bundle.
- “Thanks for this extremely thorough unit. It’s hard to find units with Canadian content, especially in the intermediate grades.”
- “Amazing unit that included everything I needed for a subject that I don’t feel as confident teaching. I loved the balance of reading and structured tasks, with open-ended and inquiry projects. Would highly recommend!”
- “I was hesitant at first to purchase this unit due to the cost; however, I am more than happy I decided to purchase this product. First off, the resource is well organized and provides lots of detail throughout each lesson. Second, there are supporting videos, ELL/Resource suggestions and the handy option of downloading the files directly to Google classroom. This unit has saved me hours of time! Thank you so much for creating this time saver and I look forward to using this in the fall.”
- “There are a lot of great activities and lessons I wouldn’t have even thought of! I use this with my lessons to engage the kids and have them leave my classroom talking about the lesson!”
Looking for the Grade 7 or Grade 7/8 Geography Bundles?
You may also be interested in the following: