Grade 7 Science Heat In The Environment (Heat)
This 176-page Grade 7 Science Heat in the Environment Unit will help you teach science without a textbook using exciting and cross-curricular lessons. Students will love this engaging and differentiated unit that uses interactive and hands-on learning to explain what heat is, where it is found, and its functions in the environment.
- Curriculum Alignment: Ontario Science Curriculum 2022 – Grade 7 Heat in the Environment
Key Features of This Resource:
✅ Detailed lesson plans
✅ Differentiated lessons and assignments
➡️ Graphic Organizers
➡️ Group Work
➡️ Labs & Inquiries
✅ MP3 audio files of student readings
✅ Detailed unit plan, answer keys, and assessment rubrics
✅ Student assignment choice and variety
✅ Quizzes (PDF and Self-Marking Google Forms)
✅ Unit Test (PDF and Self-Marking Google Forms)
✅ PDF & Google Slides Formats
Save Money, Buy The Bundle!
Get your entire year of science lessons planned for you to save your evenings and weekends!
- The Grade 7 Science Heat in the Environment Unit is also in the Grade 7 Science Bundle, which includes a digital escape room for every unit!
- If you teach split grades, you can also find this resource in the Grade 6/7 Science Bundle and the Grade 7/8 Science Bundle.
Introduction: Safety Rules & Unit Vocabulary (Tech & No-Tech Versions)
Lesson 1: Introduction to Heat
Lesson 2: Heat Protection
Lesson 3: Heat and Temperature
Lesson 4: The Particle Theory
Lesson 5: Heat and Volume
Lesson 6A: Conduction, Convection, and Radiation
Lesson 6B: Heat Video
Lesson 7: Teacher Demonstration: Boiling Water in a Paper Cup
Lesson 8: Student Lab: Melting Ice Cubes
Lesson 9: Heating and Cooling of the Earth
Lesson 10: Greenhouse Gases
Lesson 11: Investigation: Benefits of Technology With Heat
Lesson 12: Stations & Project-Based Learning: Energy Types & Solar Panels Investigation
Lesson 13: Unit Test
What Teachers Are Saying About This Grade 7 Science Heat in the Environment Unit:
- “Loved this unit. It is clearly laid out and allows for scaffolded inquiry. The ability to easily access digital versions, as well as modified sheets, makes this unit helpful for all academic abilities.”
- “I really like how there are different activities and videos for students in these resources that support different students and their learning needs. As a teacher teaching Grade 7 Science for the first time, this resource really helped me to cut down on my planning time.”
- “This is a terrific, hands-on, research driven unit that is completely aligned with our Ontario Curriculum. It’s so easy to use…students are engaged and happy not to use a 10 year old text! Thanks for creating and sharing.”