Grade 7 History Strand B Modified
This Grade 7 History Strand B modified unit is for classroom teachers who are required to teach the Grade 7 History Ontario Curriculum but have students working significantly below grade level in reading, writing, and comprehension.
Each of the 22 lessons aligns with a critical concept in the Ontario Grade 7 History Curriculum but has significantly reduced reading and writing expectations within the lesson. An MP3 audio file of each student reading has been provided.
This resource was designed to meet the needs of ELL students and/or students on a modified IEP.
Click Here To View The Preview. Watch the overview video for this resource .
This Grade 7 History Strand B Modified unit is also included in this bundle – Grade 7 History Bundle Modified Ontario Curriculum
- This resource contains individual PDFs of student pages to assist with online learning, i.e. Google Classroom™.
- The unit also has Google Slides™ versions of the included lessons for 1:1 technology schools.
- Curriculum Alignment: Grade 7 History Ontario Social Studies Curriculum 2023
- The internet is required to access videos in this unit.
Grade 7 History Strand B Modified – Lesson Overview & Modifications:
- Important Events (Reading/Cut & Match)
- Métis & Settler Relations (Reading/True/False)
- War of 1812 (Videos/Fill in the Blanks)
- War of 1812 Overview (Reading/Interactive Notes)
- Battle of Queenston Image Analysis (Image Analysis)
- War of 1812 Inquiry (Structured Inquiry)
- War of 1812 Newspaper Article (Fill in the Blanks)
- Results of the War of 1812 (Reading/Cut & Match)
- Mackinac and Drummond Islands (Reading/Cut & Match)
- Mid-Unit Quiz (Quiz)
- A Question of Identity: War of 1812 (Movie)
- Life in Lower Canada (Reading/Cut & Match)
- Lower Canada Government Structure (Reading/Cut & Match)
- Château Clique (Reading/Fill in the Blanks)
- The Rebellions in Lower Canada (Reading/Interactive Notes)
- Life in Upper Canada (Reading/Colour Coding)
- Rebellion in Upper Canada (Reading/Interactive Notes)
- Rebellions Quiz (Quiz)
- Legal Issues (Reading, True or False, Timeline, Opinion Writing)
- Politics in British North America (Reading/Interactive Notes)
- British – Indigenous Treaties (Reading, Fill in the Blanks, True False)
- Summative Task (Poster)
This Grade 7 History Strand B Modified Resource Includes:
- 22 Modified Grade 7 History Strand A Lessons
- MP3 Audio Files of Student Readings
- Detailed Teacher Instructions
- Self-Marking Google Forms
- Google Slides version
- Individual PDFs
Grade 7 History Strand B Modified – Teacher Feedback:
- “Great to teach subject at a level my students can access.”
- “Another fantastic unit. I am so thankful for how it aligns with the non-modified unit. It has made me feel more confident that I am able to reach all learners.”
- “This was the perfect resource for my modified learners. The activities were great and the readings were basic enough for my learners. Thank you!”
Other History Resources: