Grade 7 History Strand B French Edition: Teachers are provided with 21 in-depth and engaging lessons to help their students explore and understand the conflicts, changes, and challenges that occurred in British North America from 1800-1850.
Language Arts (Reading, Writing, Oral, Media) and History are integrated into this unit. Included in this resource are answer keys and individual PDFs of student pages to support online learning such as Google Classroom.
This unit is aligned with the Ontario Social Studies Curriculum 2018 Grade 7 Strand B. Teacher instructions and answer keys are written in all student pages are in . The unit has been updated to reflect the changes in the 2018 Ontario Social Studies Curriculum.
Need To Go Paperless for Distance Learning or 1:1 Schools?
- Check out this Digital Expansion Pack for Grade 7 History
This unit supports a curriculum that teaches:
- The background Upper and Lower Canada
- The Background to the War of 1812
- The major Canadian battles during the War of 1812
- The Results of the War of 1812
- Post War Era in Upper and Lower Canada
- The Rebellions of 1837-1838
- The Durham Report
- The Act of the Union
- The Rebellion Losses Bill
- Reliable internet is required for some lessons in this unit.
- Research is not included for inquiry stations.
- Students must gather the research themselves from a textbook, non-fiction books or online sources.
This Unit Is Also Available In This Bundle
Grade 7 History French Edition
Need The Previous Unit?
New France and British North America French Edition
Strand B Lesson Outline
- Introduction: Top 10 List of Events from 1713-1800
- 1. Establishing Upper Canada (As)
- 1B. Métis & Settler Relations (As)
- 2. Historica Minutes: War of 1812 (As)
- 3. War of 1812 Overview Reading (As)
- 4. War of 1812 Inquiry Stations (As/Of)
- 5. War of 1812 Newspaper Article (Of)
- 6. Results of the War of 1812 (As)
- 6B. Mackinac & Drummond Islands & The Treaty of Ghent (As)
- 7. A Question of Identity: The War of 1812 (As)
- 8. War of 1812 Review & Quiz (Of)
- 9. Life in Lower Canada (As)
- 10. The Rebellions in Lower Canada (As)
- 11. Life in Upper Canada (As)
- 12. The Rebellions in Upper Canada (As)
- 13. Rebellions Quiz (Of)
- 14. Canada A People’s History (Optional) (As)
- 14B. Legal Issues (As)
- 15. Politics in British North America (As)
- 15B. British – Indigenous Treaties (As)
- 16. Conflict and Challenges Summative Task (Of)
- 17. Unit Review and Test (Of)
French Unit Includes:
- Detailed unit overview
- 21 different lessons
- Lesson plans for each lesson (detailed teacher and student directions)
- Interactive note-taking graphic organizers
- Assessment for, of and as learning breakdown
- Learning goals in student-friendly language
- Lessons divided up with title pages for easy access
- Lots of variety and student choice on assignments
- Q Chart to help students formulate good questions
- Inquiry stations research folder cover pages
- Inquiry station cards with detailed instructions
- Inquiry station graphic organizers to help students with their research
- Inquiry station student notes sheets
- Oral presentation assessment rubric
- Historical content assessment rubric
- Several quizzes
- Differentiated assessment formats
- “Very helpful and engaging!”
- “Super resource!”
- “Bonne ressource. Bien fait!”