Grade 7 Geography Strand B Modified Unit – Natural Resources Around the World Use and Sustainability
In this Grade 7 Geography Strand B Modified Unit, teachers are equipped with 14 engaging lessons. These lessons will enable teachers to immerse their modified Grade 7 students in the captivating realm of Canadian geography. Each of the 14 lessons aligns with a critical concept in the Ontario Grade 7 Geography Curriculum but has significantly reduced reading and writing expectations within the lesson.
This modified geography unit is for classroom teachers who are required to teach the Grade 7 Geography Ontario Curriculum but have students working significantly below grade level in reading, writing, and comprehension. An MP3 audio file of each student reading has been provided. This resource was designed to meet the needs of ELL students and/or students on a modified IEP.
- Curriculum Alignment: Ontario Geography Curriculum 2023 Grade 7 Strand B.
- Save time and money – Buy the .
Please review the provided sample lesson in the preview PDF and watch the overview video for this resource .
- : Immerse your students in captivating learning experiences that will spark their interest throughout the unit, fostering a profound understanding and a personal connection to the subject matter.
- : Elevate student learning and accessibility with audio recordings of the student readings, providing valuable support for various learning styles and ensuring active participation for all students.
- : Experience a seamless and enriching educational journey with easy-to-follow daily lesson plans, saving precious preparation time.
- : Benefit from the efficiency of self-marking Google Forms, automating the assessment process and gaining quick insights into your students’ progress.
- : Optimize your grading process with readily available answer keys for assessments and activities, enabling you to focus more on teaching and providing timely feedback to your students.
- : Embrace the convenience of accessing materials in both print and digital formats, effortlessly adapting to various teaching environments and catering to individual preferences.
Do you have students working at grade level? Check out this unit – .
Lesson Overview & Modifications
Introduction: Canada: A Land of Natural Resources (Cut and Match & Journal Entry)
1. Natural Resources and Manufactured Goods (Reading & Cut and Match)
2. Natural Resources in Canada (Reading & Cut and Match)
3. Natural Resources in the World (Reading & Sorting)
4. Needs vs. Wants (Reading & Sorting)
5. Natural Resource Types (Reading, Writing, Sort & Match)
6. Natural Resources Quiz
7. Natural Resource Perspectives (Modified Inquiry)
8. Current Events (Summarizing Skills)
9. Mining Techniques (Reading & Fill in the Blanks)
10. Forestry Techniques (Pictorial Sequencing Assignment)
11. Natural Resource Extraction (Modified Inquiry)
12. Eco-Friendly Energy (Reading & True or False)
13. Personal Plan of Action (Personal Monitoring Project)
The Grade 7 Geography Strand B Modified Unit is a valuable resource designed to support classroom teachers tasked with instructing the Grade 7 Geography Ontario Curriculum to students who are functioning significantly below grade level in reading, writing, and comprehension. This comprehensive and inclusive approach aims to ensure that all students can actively engage with the material and thrive in their exploration of geography.
Grade 7 Geography Strand B Modified Unit – Teacher Feedback:
- “This resource was perfect for my students with learning difficulties to access the same curriculum and in a similar format as the rest of the class (I used the other grade 7 resource as well). It was extremely easy to use in class and made it easy for students to access on google classroom. This was exactly what I needed! Thanks!”
- “This resource has really helped me to be able to provide activities that are related to what we are doing in class but are accessible for my students who are working at different levels. This has been so helpful. ”
Additional Grade 7 Geography Resources
- Use these
Notes: The internet is required to access videos in this unit.