Grade 7 Geography Strand A Modified Physical Patterns in a Changing World | PDF & Digital: This modified geography unit is for classroom teachers who are required to teach the Grade 7 Geography Ontario Curriculum, but have students working significantly below grade level in reading, writing, and comprehension.
Each of the 13 lessons aligns with a key concept in the Ontario Grade 7 Geography Curriculum but has significantly reduced reading and writing expectations within the lesson. An MP3 audio file of each student reading has been provided. This resource was designed to meet the needs of ELL students and/or students on a modified IEP. Please review the provided sample lesson in the preview PDF.
- This resource contains individual PDFs of student pages to assist with online learning i.e. Google Classroom™.
- The unit also comes with Google Slides™ versions of the included lessons for 1:1 technology schools.
- Aligned with the Grade 7 Geography Ontario Curriculum
Lesson Overview & Modifications
- Mapping Skills Review & Map of Canada (Cut & Match, Numbered Map)
- What is Geography (Reading, Cut & Match)
- Physical Characteristics of Landforms (Reading, Cut & Match)
- Changes to Landforms (Reading, Sequencing)
- Quiz (Matching, Fill in the Blanks)
- Physical Characteristics of Water Systems (Label a Diagram, Create an Image)
- Changes to Water Systems Inquiry (True or False)
- Characteristics of Climate Regions (Photo Inquiry, Cut and Match)
- Climate Change Factors (Reading, Cut and Match)
- Natural Vegetations Regions (Fill in the Blanks)
- Changes to Natural Vegetation Regions (Reading, Cut, and Match)
- Invasive Species Assignment (Poster or Slideshow Creation)
- Challenges and Opportunities Presented by Physical Environments (Reading, Graphic Organizer)
- 13 Modified Grade 7 Geography Strand A Lessons
- MP3 Audio Files of Student Readings
- Detailed Teacher Instructions
- Google Slides version
- Individual PDFs
Other Geography Resources