Grade 7 Geography Strand B Ontario Curriculum: Teachers are provided with 16 in-depth lessons to help their students explore and understand natural resources around the world use and sustainability. Natural resource topics covered: types, issues, extraction methods, perspectives on use, the impact of use, environmental concerns, and energy types.
- This resource contains individual PDFs of student pages to assist with online learning e.g., Google Classroom.
Curriculum Alignment: Ontario Social Studies Curriculum 2018 Grade 7 Strand B.
- Introduction – Canada: A Land of Natural Resources (As/Of Learning)
- What is a Natural Resource? (As/For Learning)
- Where are Natural Resources Located in Canada? (For/As Learning)
- Where are Natural Resources Located in the World? (As Learning)
- What Makes Natural Resources Valuable? (As Learning)
- How Do Humans Meet Their Needs and Wants (As Learning)
- Natural Resources Quiz (Of Learning)
- Perspectives On Natural Resource Use (As Learning)
- Current Events Assignment (As/Of Learning)
- Natural Resources Extraction Methods (As Learning)
- Effects of Natural Resource Extraction (As Learning)
- Environmental Responses to Resource Extraction (For/As/Of Learning)
- Taking Action: Organizations That Care (As/Of Learning)
- National Resources Inquiry Assignment (As/Of Learning)
- Personal Plan of Action (Of Learning)
- Unit Test (Of Learning)
- Detailed unit plan
- Lessons divided up with title pages for easy access
- 16 different lessons
- Lots of variety and student choice on assignments
- Detailed teacher and student directions
- Q Chart to help students formulate good questions
- Inquiry-based learning
- Inquiry stations research folder cover pages
- Inquiry station cards with detailed instructions
- Inquiry station graphic organizers to help students with their research
- Oral presentation assessment rubric
- geographic content assessment rubric
- Writing assessment rubric
- Variety of assessment formats (inquiry, assignments, quiz, and test)
- Case Study on Canadian Diamonds vs. Conflict Diamonds
- “All of your packages are incredible – many lessons and activities included, lots of variety, and suitable for 21st-century learning. Thanks for sharing this, I would love to see what you share in the future!”
- “Great structure to the unit. Easy for teachers to follow along. I love how everything needed to teach the lesson is clearly communicated. Students love the inquiry components.”
- “As I am teaching rotary Geography, it is important for me to have fun lessons that I look forward to teaching four times in a row on the same day! This unit provides me with just that! So far the students have loved the unit and I cannot wait to continue it until the end. Thank you!”
- “This resource (along with the 1st one) is absolutely incredible. Super in-depth and easy to follow. I cannot thank you enough for this resource!”
- Regular and reliable internet is required for this unit.
- Research is not included for inquiry stations. Students must gather the research themselves from a textbook, non-fiction books, or online sources.
Want Strand A Lessons? Grade 7 Geography Strand A
Aussi disponible en français Grade 7 Geography French Edition
Need to go paperless? Check out the digital expansion pack for this unit. Grade 7 Digital Strand B. This expansion pack contains all of the student output pages in a Google Slides format. This will save you time at the photocopier! Note: The expansion pack is NOT a complete unit. You will need to purchase the complete unit.