Grade 7 Geography Modified Bundle
In this Modified Grade 7 Geography Bundle, teachers are equipped with 27 engaging lessons. These lessons will enable teachers to immerse their modified Grade 7 students in the captivating realm of Canadian geography. Each of the 27 lessons aligns with a critical concept in the Ontario Grade 7 Geography Curriculum but has significantly reduced reading and writing expectations within the lesson.
This modified geography unit is for classroom teachers who are required to teach the Grade 7 Geography Ontario Curriculum but have students working significantly below grade level in reading, writing, and comprehension. An MP3 audio file of each student reading has been provided. This resource was designed to meet the needs of ELL students and/or students on a modified IEP.
- Curriculum Alignment: Ontario Geography Curriculum 2023 Grade 7 Strand A and B.
Please review the provided sample lesson in the preview PDF and watch the overview video for this resource .
- : Immerse your students in enthralling learning experiences that ignite their curiosity across both the Strand A and Strand B units, fostering a deep understanding and personal connection to the subject matter.
- : Elevate student learning and accessibility with audio recordings of the student readings, offering valuable support for diverse learning styles and ensuring active participation for every student.
- : Experience a seamless and enriching educational journey with easy-to-follow daily lesson plans, saving precious preparation time.
- : Benefit from the efficiency of self-marking Google Forms, automating the assessment process and gaining quick insights into your students’ progress.
- : Empower your students with graphic organizers that facilitate information organization, making complex concepts more accessible and memorable.
- : Optimize your grading process with readily available answer keys for assessments and activities, allowing you to focus more on teaching and providing timely feedback to your students.
- : Embrace the convenience of accessing materials in both print and digital formats, effortlessly adapting to diverse teaching environments and catering to individual preferences.
Do you have students working at grade level? Check out this comprehensive bundle – .
Strand A – Lesson Overview & Modifications
1. Mapping Skills Review & Map of Canada (Cut & Match, Numbered Map)
2. What is Geography (Reading, Cut & Match)
3. Physical Characteristics of Landforms (Reading, Cut & Match)
4. Changes to Landforms (Reading, Sequencing)
5. Quiz (Matching, Fill in the Blanks)
6. Physical Characteristics of Water Systems (Label a Diagram, Create an Image)
7. Changes to Water Systems Inquiry (True or False)
8. Characteristics of Climate Regions (Photo Inquiry, Cut and Match)
9. Climate Change Factors (Reading, Cut and Match)
10. Natural Vegetations Regions (Fill in the Blanks)
11. Changes to Natural Vegetation Regions (Reading, Cut and Match)
12. Invasive Species Assignment (Poster or Slideshow Creation)
13. Challenges and Opportunities Presented by Physical Environments (Reading, Graphic Organizer)
Strand B – Lesson Overview & Modifications
Introduction: Canada: A Land of Natural Resources (Cut and Match & Journal Entry)
1. Natural Resources and Manufactured Goods (Reading & Cut and Match)
2. Natural Resources in Canada (Reading & Cut and Match)
3. Natural Resources in the World (Reading & Sorting)
4. Needs vs. Wants (Reading & Sorting)
5. Natural Resource Types (Reading, Writing, Sort & Match)
6. Natural Resources Quiz
7. Natural Resource Perspectives (Modified Inquiry)
8. Current Events (Summarizing Skills)
9. Mining Techniques (Reading & Fill in the Blanks)
10. Forestry Techniques (Pictorial Sequencing Assignment)
11. Natural Resource Extraction (Modified Inquiry)
12. Eco-Friendly Energy (Reading & True or False)
13. Personal Plan of Action (Personal Monitoring Project)
The modified geography bundle offers a tailored solution for classroom teachers tasked with instructing the Grade 7 Geography Ontario Curriculum to students significantly below grade level in reading, writing, and comprehension. This comprehensive resource aims to create an inclusive learning environment, ensuring all students can actively engage with the material and thrive in their geographical exploration.
- “Just like the history resource, this was great for my students. They were able to access the readings and activities and enjoyed doing the work. Thank you!”
- “I found this resource very helpful for my ELLs. I love how this resource is still age appropriate but the activities use simpler language. It was perfect for my English Language Learners!”
- “Excellent resource and I love that it is a very hands-on product for my students who need extra support learning.”
Additional Grade 7 Geography Resources
- Use these
Notes: The internet is required to access videos in this unit.