Grade 6 Social Studies Strand B – Canada’s Interaction With The Global Community
In this Grade 6 Social Studies Strand B unit, teachers are provided with 13 in-depth, engaging, and cross-curricular lessons to help their students explore and understand Canada’s Interactions With The Global Community.
- This resource includes answer keys and individual PDFs of student pages to support online learning such as Google Classroom.
Curriculum Alignment: Ontario Social Studies Curriculum 2018 Grade 6 Strand B.
Aussi disponible en français: Grade 6 Social Studies Strand B FRENCH Edition – Canada’s Interaction With the Global Community
This Grade 6 Social Studies Strand A unit is also included in the Grade 6 Social Studies Bundle and the Grade 6/7 Social Studies Bundle.
Click Here To View The Preview
Grade 6 Social Studies Strand B – Lesson Outline:
- Introduction: Key Vocabulary
- Canadian Government and Global Interactions
- International Accords and Organizations
- Canada’s Role in International Programs
- Canada’s Role in International Non-Government Organizations
- Canada’s Crisis Response: H1N1 and Ebola
- Canada’s Role in International Peace
- Canada’s Global Relationships
- Canada’s Trading Partners
- Canada’s Economy
- Environmental Issues: Overfishing
- Environmental Issues: Canada’s Impact
- Global Issues Inquiry
Grade 6 Social Studies Strand B – Resource Includes:
- Individual PDFs of all student pages for online learning i.e. Google Classroom
- Detailed unit plan and daily lesson plans
- 13 Lessons
- Answer keys
- Differentiated lesson and assessment formats
- Lessons divided up with title pages for easy access
- Lots of variety and student choice on assignments
- Detailed teacher and student directions
- Q-Chart to help students formulate good questions
- Inquiry stations research folder cover pages
- Inquiry station cards with detailed instructions
- Inquiry station graphic organizers to help students with their research
- Oral presentation assessment rubric
- Historical content assessment rubric
- Quizzes to check for understanding
- Regular and reliable internet is required for this unit.
- Research is not included for inquiry stations. Students must gather the research themselves from a textbook, non-fiction books, or online sources.
Grade 6 Social Studies Strand B – Teacher Feedback:
- “Another great unit from this seller! Lots of options and everything is very current, relevant, and at the students’ level. I especially like that it isn’t just a bunch of worksheets with simple questions, there are activities, readings, links, projects, and differentiated options. Sooooo much is included I will have lots of choices. The guided options for the inquiry will be great for helping my students stay on track and providing structure for my struggling kiddos and the openness will let others go beyond. Thank you so much for sharing this unit! “
- “Best resource I’ve found for the grade 6 Social Studies curriculum. Thanks!”
- “2 Peas and a Dog has really helped to make my lessons a lot more engaging. I also find that the students show a higher understanding of the material.”
- “This was a great resource for my Grade 6s. I love that it aligns with the Grade 7 one as well so it is easy to teach a split class!”
- “AMAZING resource!! No prep is required when using these units! I also purchased the digital pack to supplement this during online learning!”
Need the Previous Unit?
Grade 6 Social Studies Strand A – Communities in Canada, Past and Present