Grade 6 Social Studies Strand B – Canada’s Interaction With The Global Community
Use this 294-page Grade 6 Social Studies Strand B Unit to help teach the 2023 Ontario Curriculum. Teachers are provided with 14 in-depth, engaging, and cross-curricular lessons to help their students explore and understand Canada’s role in the international community. This unit on Canada’s Interaction With The Global Community contains lessons on international accords, trade agreements, peacekeeping operations, the Canadian government’s responses to human rights violations during the Holocaust, economic development and issues as well as environmental issues.
- Curriculum Alignment: Ontario Social Studies Curriculum 2023 Grade 6 Strand B. This unit has been updated to reflect the 2023 changes to the Social Studies Curriculum.
- Save time and money – buy the Bundle.
- 14 Engaging Lessons
- 294 Pages
- MP3 Audio Files of Student Readings
- Google Slides™ of Student Pages
- Daily Lesson Plans
- Student Choice
- Differentiated Tasks
- Inquiry Learning
- Graphic Organizers
- Summative Assessments
- Assessment Rubrics
- Answer Keys
- Individual PDFs of student pages to post to Google Classroom™
1. Introduction: Key Vocabulary
2. Canadian Government and Global Interactions
3. International Accords and Organizations
4. Canada’s Role in International Programs
5. Canada’s Role in International Non-Government Organizations
6. Canada’s Crisis Response: H1N1 and Ebola
7A. Canada’s Role in International Peace
7B. Canada’s Role in International Peace (New for 2023)
8. Canada’s Global Relationships
9. Canada’s Trading Partners
10. Canada’s Economy
11. Environmental Issues: Overfishing
12. Environmental Issues: Canada’s Impact
13. Global Issues Inquiry
- “Another great unit from this seller! Lots of options and everything is very current, relevant, and at the students’ level. I especially like that it isn’t just a bunch of worksheets with simple questions, there are activities, readings, links, projects, and differentiated options. Sooooo much is included I will have lots of choices. The guided options for the inquiry will be great for helping my students stay on track and providing structure for my struggling kiddos and the openness will let others go beyond. Thank you so much for sharing this unit! “
- “Best resource I’ve found for the grade 6 Social Studies curriculum. Thanks!”
- “2 Peas and a Dog has really helped to make my lessons a lot more engaging. I also find that the students show a higher understanding of the material.”
- “This was a great resource for my Grade 6s. I love that it aligns with the Grade 7 one as well so it is easy to teach a split class!”
Notes: The internet is required to access videos in this unit. Research is not included for inquiry stations. Students must gather the research themselves from a textbook, non-fiction books or online sources.
Need the Previous Unit?