Grade 6 Social Studies Strand B FRENCH Edition – Canada’s Interaction With The Global Community
In this Grade 6 Social Studies Strand B FRENCH Edition unit, teachers are provided with 13 in-depth, engaging, and cross-curricular lessons to help their students explore and understand Canada’s Interactions With The Global Community.
- This resource includes answer keys and individual PDFs of student pages to support online learning, such as Google Classroom.
Curriculum Alignment: Ontario Social Studies Curriculum 2018 Grade 6 Strand B.
Also available in English – Grade 6 Social Studies Strand B – Canada’s Interaction With the Global Community
This Grade 6 Social Studies Strand A unit is also included in the Grade 6 Social Studies FRENCH Edition Bundle and the Grade 6/7 Social Studies FRENCH Edition Bundle.
Click Here To View The Preview
- This unit was translated for use in a French Immersion classroom. Lesson plans and answer keys are in English, and all student pages are written in French.
- Regular and reliable internet is required for this Grade 6 Social Studies Strand B FRENCH Edition unit.
- Research is not included for inquiry stations. Students must gather the research themselves from a textbook, non-fiction books or online sources.
Grade 6 Social Studies Strand B FRENCH Edition – Lesson Outline:
- Introduction: Key Vocabulary
- Canadian Government and Global Interactions
- International Accords and Organizations
- Canada’s Role in International Programs
- Canada’s Role in International Non-Government Organizations
- Canada’s Crisis Response: H1N1 and Ebola
- Canada’s Role in International Peace
- Canada’s Global Relationships
- Canada’s Trading Partners
- Canada’s Economy
- Environmental Issues: Overfishing
- Environmental Issues: Canada’s Impact
- Global Issues Inquiry
Grade 6 Social Studies Strand B FRENCH Edition – Resource Includes:
- Individual PDFs of all student pages for online learning, i.e. Google Classroom
- Detailed unit plan and daily lesson plans
- 13 Lessons
- Answer keys
- Differentiated lesson and assessment formats
- Lessons are divided up with title pages for easy access
- Lots of variety and student choice on assignments
- Detailed teacher and student directions
- Q-Chart to help students formulate good questions
- Inquiry stations research folder cover pages
- Inquiry station cards with detailed instructions
- Inquiry station graphic organizers to help students with their research
- Oral presentation assessment rubric
- Historical content assessment rubric
- Quizzes to check for understanding
Grade 6 Social Studies Strand B FRENCH Edition – Teacher Feedback:
- “This resource is seriously comprehensive. It is detailed and extremely easy to use! The students are super engaged and are learning authentic information about the world around them! Thank you!”
- “This is the perfect resource for Grade 6 social studies strand B. The language of the text is perfect for my students and the questions/charts are straightforward and easy for the students to complete. I would be completely lost without this resource. Thank you!”
- “I am not surprised at all that this unit was just what I needed. Easy planning, and worked very well with our supported textbook as well. Engaging activities for the students and I always enjoy the Investigations that make centres and inquiry stations effortless to set up in the classroom. MERCI!”
Need the Previous Unit?
Grade 6 Social Studies Strand A FRENCH Edition – Communities in Canada, Past and Present