Grade 6 Social Studies Strand B French Immersion Edition: Teachers are provided with 13 in-depth, engaging, and cross-curricular lessons to help their students explore and understand Canada’s Interactions With The Global Community.
- This resource includes answer keys and individual PDFs of student pages to support online learning such as Google Classroom. This unit is aligned with the Ontario Social Studies Curriculum 2018 Grade 6 Strand B.
- This unit was translated for use in a French Immersion classroom. Lesson plans and answer keys are in English, all student pages are written in French.
- Regular and Reliable Internet Is Required For This Unit
- Research is not included for inquiry stations.
- Students must gather the research themselves from a textbook, non-fiction books or online sources.
1. Introduction: Key Vocabulary
2. Canadian Government and Global Interactions
3. International Accords and Organizations
4. Canada’s Role in International Programs
5. Canada’s Role in International Non-Government Organizations
6. Canada’s Crisis Response: H1N1 and Ebola
7. Canada’s Role in International Peace
8. Canada’s Global Relationships
9. Canada’s Trading Partners
10. Canada’s Economy
11. Environmental Issues: Overfishing
12. Environmental Issues: Canada’s Impact
13. Global Issues Inquiry
- individual PDFs of all student pages for online learning i.e. Google Classroom
- detailed unit plan and daily lesson plans
- 13 different lessons
- answer keys
- differentiated lesson and assessment formats
- lessons divided up with title pages for easy access
- lots of variety and student choice on assignments
- detailed teacher and student directions
- Q Chart to help students formulate good questions
- inquiry stations research folder cover pages
- inquiry station cards with detailed instructions
- inquiry station graphic organizers to help students with their research
- oral presentation assessment rubric
- historical content assessment rubric
- quizzes to check for understanding