Grade 6 Social Studies Bundle FRENCH Edition – Strand A and B Ontario
In this Grade 6 Social Studies Bundle FRENCH Edition, teachers are provided with 29 in-depth, engaging, and cross-curricular lessons to help their students explore and understand Communities in Canada, Past and Present and Canada’s Interactions With The Global Community.
- This resource includes answer keys and individual PDFs of student pages to support online learning, such as Google Classroom.
Curriculum Alignment: This unit is aligned with the Ontario Social Studies Curriculum 2018 Grade 6 Strand A and B.
Also available in English: Grade 6 Social Studies Bundle Ontario
This Grade 6 Social Studies Bundle FRENCH Edition is also included in the Grade 6/7 Social Studies Bundle FRENCH Edition.
Click Here To View The Preview
- The resource has been translated for a French immersion classroom – student pages are in FRENCH, but teacher pages and answer keys are in ENGLISH.
- Regular and reliable internet is required for this Grade 6 Social Studies Bundle FRENCH Edition.
- Research is not included for inquiry stations. Students must gather the research themselves from a textbook, non-fiction books, or online sources.
Grade 6 Social Studies Bundle FRENCH Edition – Strand A Lesson Outline:
- Introduction: Building Vocabulary & Map Creation
- What Shapes Our Canadian Identity?
- Canadian Identity: Fundamentals
- Canadian Identity: Indigenous Canadians
- Canadian Identity: Settler Communities
- Canadian Identity: Inclusiveness
- Historical Perspectives: Communities Inquiry
- Traditional Territories
- Migration Reasons
- Settler Life in Canada
- Economic Development
- Creation of Nunavut, Nunavik, and Nunatsiavut
- Community Developments
- Interactions Between Settler Communities
- Differences Between Communities
- How Did You Get Here?
Grade 6 Social Studies Bundle FRENCH Edition – Strand B Lesson Outline:
- Introduction: Key Vocabulary
- Canadian Government and Global Interactions
- International Accords and Organizations
- Canada’s Role in International Programs
- Canada’s Role in International Non-Government Organizations
- Canada’s Crisis Response: H1N1 and Ebola
- Canada’s Role in International Peace
- Canada’s Global Relationships
- Canada’s Trading Partners
- Canada’s Economy
- Environmental Issues: Overfishing
- Environmental Issues: Canada’s Impact
- Global Issues Inquiry
Grade 6 Social Studies Bundle FRENCH Edition – Resource Includes:
- Individual PDFs of all student pages for online learning, i.e. Google Classroom
- Detailed unit plan and daily lesson plans
- 29 different lessons
- Answer keys
- Differentiated lesson and assessment formats
- Lessons are divided up with title pages for easy access
- Lots of variety and student choice on assignments
- Detailed teacher and student directions
- Q-Chart to help students formulate good questions
- Inquiry stations research folder cover pages
- Inquiry station cards with detailed instructions
- Inquiry station graphic organizers to help students with their research
Grade 6 Social Studies Bundle FRENCH Edition – Teacher Feedback:
- “This is a very detailed resource that aligns to the Ontario Curriculum. I’m so glad that it’s available in French as good resources for my French Immersion students are often hard to find. I like that there are different kinds of tasks included to add variety. Definitely worth buying! There is also very little prep time needed for most lessons.”
- “This is a wonderful product! Thank you so much for your thorough work. This is such a time saver! Merci!”
- “As a first-year teacher, navigating a new curriculum and multiple subjects is not an easy task. This bundle has helped me create engaging and interesting lessons that my students really enjoy. It has sparked some great discussions in my classes on current issues. My students have been making connections with what happened in the past and what is happening in the present and it is so rewarding to see how they are applying what they have learned. Merci mille fois!!”