Grade 6 Social Studies Bundle
Use this 642-page Grade 6 Social Studies Bundle for Strand A and B to help teach the 2023 Ontario Curriculum. Teachers are provided with 32 in-depth, engaging, and cross-curricular lessons to help their students explore and understand Canada’s Heritage and Identity: Communities in Canada, Past and Present and Canada’s Interaction With The Global Community.
Students will learn about the role Indigenous Peoples have had in helping shape Canada as well as the settler communities that immigrated to Canada. Lessons on international accords, trade agreements, peacekeeping operations, the Canadian government’s responses to human rights violations during the Holocaust, economic development and issues, as well as environmental issues, are also included. A Canada-Themed Digital Escape Room is also included.
- Curriculum Alignment: Ontario Social Studies Curriculum 2023 Grade 6 Strand A & B.
- This unit has been updated to reflect the 2023 changes to the Social Studies Curriculum.
This Grade 6 Social Studies Bundle is also included in the Grade 6/7 Social Studies Bundle.
- 32 Engaging Lessons
- 642 Pages
- MP3 Audio Files of Student Readings
- Google Slides™ of Student Pages
- Daily Lesson Plans
- Student Choice
- Differentiated Tasks
- Inquiry Learning
- Graphic Organizers
- Summative Assessments
- Assessment Rubrics
- Answer Keys
- Individual PDFs of student pages to post to Google Classroom™
Strand A Lesson Overview
1. Introduction: Building Vocabulary & Map Creation
2. What Shapes Our Canadian Identity?
3. Canadian Identity: Fundamentals
4. Canadian Identity: Indigenous Canadians
5. Canadian Identity: Settler Communities
6. Canadian Identity: Inclusiveness
7. Historical Perspectives: Communities Inquiry
8. Traditional Territories
9. Migration Reasons
10. Settler Life in Canada
11. Economic Development
12. Creation of Nunavut, Nunavik, and Nunatsiavut
13A. Community Developments
13B. Community Developments & Antisemitism (New for 2023)
14. Interactions Between Settler Communities
15. Differences Between Communities
16. How Did You Get Here?
17. Canada-Themed Digital Escape Room
Strand B Lesson Overview
1. Introduction: Key Vocabulary
2. Canadian Government and Global Interactions
3. International Accords and Organizations
4. Canada’s Role in International Programs
5. Canada’s Role in International Non-Government Organizations
6. Canada’s Crisis Response: H1N1 and Ebola
7A. Canada’s Role in International Peace
7B. Canada’s Role in International Peace (New for 2023)
8. Canada’s Global Relationships
9. Canada’s Trading Partners
10. Canada’s Economy
11. Environmental Issues: Overfishing
12. Environmental Issues: Canada’s Impact
13. Global Issues Inquiry
Grade 6 Social Studies Bundle – Teacher Feedback:
- “I just love your products! This resource is amazing, comprehensive lessons that perfectly align with the curriculum, great student-appropriate resources, and readings. I am so looking forward to using this! Thank YOU!”
- “Comprehensive resources like these are lifesavers, especially for teachers of split grades. This was my first year teaching Grade 6 and this resource was my foundation for social studies. The activities and inquiries are well planned, meaningful, and up to date. Thank you for the many, many hours of work that went into creating this.”
- “An excellent resource and very thorough! It is my first year teaching social studies and this is an amazing help! Thank you for taking the time to put together these wonderful and engaging activities.”