Grade 6 Grammar Unit
Have your Grade 6 students improve their writing and grammar skills with these engaging and useful lessons. Students will learn about pronouns, phrases, clauses, types of sentences, verb tenses, commas, quotation marks, semi-colons, brackets and colons in this Grade 6 Grammar Unit.
Each topic comes with a teacher-directed lesson (Google Slides and Student Reference Sheets) and then a student practice follow-up activity (fill in the blanks, matching activities, or students write their own). This unit is geared toward middle school students and does not have to be used just with Grade 6 students. Review the skills covered in this unit and then see if it meets your needs.
- This resource contains individual PDFs of student pages to assist with online learning, i.e. Google Classroom™.
- The unit also comes with Google Slides™ versions of the included lessons for 1:1 technology schools.
Click Here To View The Preview
- Aligned to the Ontario Curriculum.
- Regular, reliable internet access is required to access the videos for this unit.
- This resource is a non-editable PDF.
Grade 6 Grammar Unit – Lesson Overview:
- Lesson 1 – Subject, Object, and Indefinite Pronouns
- Lesson 2 – Adverb Phrases
- Lesson 3 – Phrases and Clauses
- Lesson 4 – Independent and Dependent Clauses
- Lesson 5 – Compound Sentences
- Lesson 6 – Complex Sentences
- Lesson 7 – Compound-Complex Sentences
- Lesson 8 – Types of Sentences Review
- Lesson 9 – Past, Present, Future Verb Tense
- Lesson 10 – Commas to Separate an Introductory Word or Phrase
- Lesson 11 – Commas to Separate Words in a List
- Lesson 12 – Quotations Marks in Dialogue
- Lesson 13 – Use of Semicolons
- Lesson 14 – Use of Brackets
- Lesson 15 – Use of Colons
Grade 6 Grammar Unit – Resource Includes:
- 15 Grammar Lessons
- Detailed Lesson Plans
- Lessons Slideshow
- Differentiated & Engaging Activities (Cut & Match, Fill in the Blanks, Find the Error)
- Answer Keys
- Video Links
- PDF & Digital Formats