Fake News Unit
This Fake News Unit resource contains 5 high-interest lessons to help students understand what fake news is and how to spot it.
- This resource contains individual PDFs of student pages to assist with online learning, i.e. Google Classroom™ as well as Google Slides™ formatted lessons for 1:1 schools.
This Fake News Unit Resource Includes:
- 5 Fake News Lessons
- Student Choice
- Detailed Teacher Lesson Plans
- PDF and Digital Versions of the Unit
- Individual PDFs of student pages to post to Google Classroom
Fake News Unit – Lesson Topics:
- What is Media Literacy?
- What is Fake News?
- How to Spot Fake News.
- Fake News Stations (5 Different Topics)
- Creating Fake News Final Assignment
- “This was a great resource – especially during these times! My students would constantly talk about fake news but did not fully understand what it was, until now!”
- “Very engaging! Excellent literacy resource – like all of your other products. With today’s political climate and increasing reliance on social media for news and the reach of information, this unit is perfect! Just what students need. Thank you!”
- “My students had so much fun with this! So engaging!”
- “Students LOVED this unit. Each lesson is easy to teach and engaged students! Students think critically and question media sources. Many comments from parents about how impressed they were with this unit!”
- “Such a fun media literacy resource! Great for engaging in media literacy while teaching students to not believe everything they read or see on the internet.”
- “Thanks for another engaging Media Literacy Unit. The activities in this unit really challenged the kids to reflect on messages that they see in the media and helped them move toward being more media savvy.”
Other Engaging Media Literacy Lessons: