End of the Year Digital Escape Room
This End of the Year Digital Escape Room provides students with the opportunity to work independently or with their peers to solve 10 summer-themed challenges.
Students must solve the required challenges to “escape” the school basement storage room they accidentally got locked in. Participants will use their reading and listening comprehension skills as well as any general knowledge about summer to solve each escape room challenge.
This is a perfect activity to help build community and engage students in social-emotional learning for 6th, 7th, or 8th grade. This digital escape room should take your students about 30 – 60 minutes to complete from start to finish. Times will vary depending on the students.
- Once this escape room is purchased, the teacher will get access to a Google Form link that is 100% editable and customizable for your classroom needs.
- No prep is required from the teacher or students – all that is needed is a teacher Google Drive account. Students can use Google Forms without having a Google account.
This End of the Year Digital Escape Room is also included in the End of the Year Mega Bundle and the Full Year Digital Escape Room Mega Bundle.
Click Here To View The Preview
End of the Year Digital Escape Room – Resource Includes:
- Digital Escape Room with 10 Challenges (“locks”)
- Detailed teacher directions in text and video format
- Answer Key
- Student Instructions
- Reflection Questions
⚠️ PLEASE READ – IMPORTANT: ⚠️
- This End of the Year Digital Escape Room uses Google Forms, YouTube, and Jigsaw Planet links. Check that your school district does not block these websites. I am not responsible for district firewalls that block external websites.
- Refunds will not be provided for district-blocked sites due to the 100% editability of this escape room.
End of the Year Digital Escape Room – Teacher Feedback:
- “I used this last year and will be using it again. It was fun for both my 5th and 7th graders! Escape rooms are either hit or miss and this one was a HIT! It is fun but still engaging and challenging. Thank You!”
- “My students love these escape rooms! I like that they encourage students to be problem solvers and they learn new facts/information as they progress through each challenge. Fun way to engage students in media learning tasks.”
- “This was exactly what I needed on one of the last days of school! Students had a lot of fun, and it also helped them focus on an academic activity while getting excited about summer. Thank you for putting this together and making my life a lot easier on those hectic final days of the year!”
- “WOW!! What a great way to end the school year!! All of my students LOVED this escape room and I LOVED not having to plan anything for that last day of school. Thanks!!”
- “My students were highly engaged in this activity! They enjoyed the challenge and it was an excellent way for my intermediates to collaborate on this fun task! I will definitely use this Escape Room again and again!”
Looking for more digital escape rooms? Click here.
More End of the Year Resources: