End of the Year Digital Escape Room
This end of the year digital escape room allows students to work independently or with their peers to solve 10 summer-themed challenges. Students must solve the required challenges to “escape” the school basement storage room they accidentally got locked in. Participants will use their reading and listening comprehension skills and any general knowledge about summer to solve each escape room challenge.
This is a perfect activity to help build community and engage students in social-emotional learning for 6th, 7th, or 8th grade. This digital escape room should take your students about 30 – 60 minutes to complete from start to finish. Times will vary depending on the students.
Once this escape room is purchased, the teacher will get access to a Google Form link that is 100% editable and customizable for your classroom needs.
No prep is required from the teacher or students – all that is needed is a teacher Google Drive account. Students can use Google Forms without having a Google account.
End of the Year Digital Escape Room – Resource Includes:
- Digital Escape Room with 10 Challenges (“locks”)
- Detailed teacher directions in text and video format
- Answer Key
- Student Instructions
- Reflection Questions
⚠️ PLEASE READ – IMPORTANT: ⚠️
- This End of the Year Digital Escape Room uses Google Forms, YouTube, and Jigsaw Planet links. Check that your school district does not block these websites. I am not responsible for district firewalls that block external websites.
- Refunds will not be provided for district-blocked sites due to the 100% editability of this escape room.
End of the Year Digital Escape Room – Teacher Feedback:
- “We love your escape rooms. You can hear a pin drop in the room when they are working on this. They love it. It is just challenging enough to keep them all engaged but yet accessible for all levels. Thank you for this.”
- “My students absolutely loved this. It’s definitely worth dedicating some planning time to ensure that all of the links and directions work. I loved that it wasn’t something the students couldn’t just breeze through…they actually had to think! :)”
- “A fun way to end the year. My students love escape rooms and this one did not disappoint!”
Looking for more digital escape rooms? Click here.
More End of the Year Resources: