Eleven Short Story Lesson | PDF & Digital Formats: This short story lesson on “Eleven” by Sandra Cisneros focuses on literary elements of plot, character, setting, theme, and conflict as well as these literary devices: similes, metaphors, symbols, and foreshadowing. Use this lesson to introduce or review literary elements and literary devices with your students.
- This resource contains individual PDFs of student pages to assist with online learning i.e. Google Classroom™. The unit also comes with Google Slides™ versions of the included graphic organizers for 1:1 technology schools.
- Making Predictions
- Comprehension Questions + Answer Key
- Literary Elements and Devices Graphic Organizer + Answer Key
- Extend Your Learning Assignment
- Standards-based Assessment
- Points-based Assessment
- Individual PDFs of student pages for uploading to Google Classroom or other online learning portals
- Google Slides graphic organizers for 1:1 schools
- “A good resource for literary elements.”
- “My students responded very well to this product. Well made and easy to implement into my instruction/planning!”
- “This was one of the alternate texts listed in our curriculum book. The graphic organizers and comprehension questions were easy enough for students to do with few instructions. Thanks for the resource!”
- This resource is NOT editable.
- Due to copyright, PDFs of the short story are not included.
- This lesson is included in the 6th Grade Short Story Unit.