Electric Cars Non-Fiction Article PDF and Digital Formats: Students will learn about the arguments in favour and against electric cars in this non-fiction article. This resource contains 1 non-fiction article and 3 reading activities to assist with reading comprehension, standardized test prep (EQAO), and cross-curricular learning.
- This resource contains individual PDFs of student pages to assist with online learning i.e. Google Classroom as well as Google Slides formatted lessons for 1:1 schools.
- Teacher lesson plan
- Pre-reading K-W-L chart
- Non-fiction article (modified and regular text)
- An audio file (mp3) of the article
- 3 Post-reading activities: comprehension questions, grammar questions (2 options: paper and self-grading Google Forms), long answer writing response
- Individual PDFs of student pages to assist with online learning i.e. Google Classroom
- Google Slides formatted lessons for 1:1 school
- “I used ALL the Article of the Week resources. Thanks so much! It was perfect for distance learning, but I will definitely use in the classroom as well. Thanks so much!”
- “All article of the week resources from 2peasandadog are engaging for students in the classroom. I started AOTW in September of 2019 and continued with it through distance learning. These articles complemented my program quite well”
- “I used this resource alongside the Gr. 7 Science Unit on Heat and the Environment as we discussed Global Warming and what humans can do about it. It was a great resource and students were definitely engaged.”
Other Non-Fiction Articles