Dangerous North American Animals Non-Fiction Article
Students will learn about several dangerous animals found in North America in this Dangerous North American Animals non-fiction article. This resource contains 1 non-fiction article and 3 reading activities to assist with reading comprehension, standardized test prep (EQAO) and cross-curricular learning.
- This resource contains individual PDFs of student pages to assist with online learning, i.e. Google Classroom as well as Google Slides formatted lessons for 1:1 schools.
- Teacher lesson plan
- Pre-reading K-W-L chart
- 1 Non-fiction article (regular and modified versions)
- An audio file (mp3) of each article (regular and modified versions)
- 3 Post-reading activities: comprehension questions, grammar questions (2 options: paper and self-grading Google Forms), long answer writing response
- Individual PDFs of student pages to assist with online learning, i.e. Google Classroom
- Google Slides formatted lessons for 1:1 school
- “My students love your article resources! The topics are always engaging and the resources is easy to use on Google Classroom. I included this as part of our Grade 6 Biodiversity unit. Thank you!”
- “My students love these articles! It’s a great way to practice their non-fiction reading skills while making it interesting. “
- “Very interesting reading! Thank you!”
- “Great resource to go with Article of the Week activities! “
- “Fantastic resource, students really enjoyed it.”
Other Non-Fiction Articles: