Christmas Writing Prompts
These interactive Christmas writing prompts are a “no prep, just photocopy and go” lesson. When students use these interactive writing prompts, they get to get up and stay moving.
Students use the 20 different Christmas-themed story prompts to get thinking creatively about what might happen in each scenario. Students move around the classroom to answer their classmates’ story-writing prompts.
Included In This Christmas Writing Prompts Package:
- Print & Digital Formats
- Detail Lesson Plan
- 20 Christmas Writing Prompts
- Writing Prompt Template
- “This is perfect for December writing centers … and it’s also perfect for my early-finishers and higher ability students to work on while I’m doing some guided work with smaller groups. Thank you!”
- “Thanks so much for sharing these wonderful Christmas prompts, that can be used in so many different ways – whole group, small group, independent, centers, etc. They will be well used!”
- “What a fun and creative writing activity, complete with excellent writing prompts that students will love!”
Other Creative Writing Assignments:
More Christmas Resources:
- Christmas Unit
- Christmas Non-Fiction Article
- Christmas Creative Writing Assignment
- Christmas Digital Escape Room
- Christmas Truce of 1914 Media Analysis Unit
- Middle School Christmas Activities Bundle
Are you looking for creative writing that isn’t Christmas-themed? Try this Winter Creative Writing Assignment.