Middle School Christmas Unit
This engaging middle school Christmas Unit contains 6 different activities that will help reinforce your students’ reading and writing skills. Students will learn about the historical background of Christmas traditions and prepare for a holiday-themed discussion about current Christmas customs.
NOTE: This resource is focused on the North American commercial Christmas – this is not a religious unit.
- This resource contains individual PDFs of student pages to assist with online learning, i.e. Google Classroom™. The unit also comes with Google Slides™ versions of the included graphic organizers for 1:1 technology schools.
Click Here To View The Preview
- Regular reliable internet access is required for this unit
- Internet must be able to access online video sources
- This resource is a non-editable PDF
Middle School Christmas Unit – Unit Overview:
- Lesson 1: History of Christmas Video & Readings
- Lesson 2: Real or Fake Christmas Trees: Which One Should You Choose?
- Lesson 3: Christmas Opinion Questions
- Lesson 4: Christmas Opinion Fishbowl Discussion & Paragraph Assignment
- Lesson 5: Christmas Food Traditions From Around the World Video + Graphic Organizer
- Lesson 6: Christmas Creative Writing Assignment *Christmas Creative Writing Assignment can be purchased separately here.
Middle School Christmas Unit Includes:
- Individual PDFs of student pages for uploading to Google Classroom or other LMS systems
- Detailed unit plan and teacher instructions
- Lessons are divided up with title pages for easy access
- Assessment rubrics (Levels and Points)
- Answer keys for lessons
- “Extremely satisfied with another amazing resource from this TPT seller. Continuing to look forward to more purchases in the future. Really enjoyable to use for the last week before Christmas break.”
- “This was great! It was a great activity to see what students can think outside the box and also what students have perseverance!”
- “My students loved using this resource, especially since the holidays are coming up. They especially enjoyed debating the topic of a real tree versus an artificial one! :)”
More Christmas Resources:
- Christmas Digital Escape Room
- Christmas Non-Fiction Article
- Christmas Creative Writing Assignment
- Christmas Writing Prompts
- Christmas Truce of 1914 Media Analysis Unit
- Middle School Christmas Activities Bundle
Related Holiday Resources: