Middle School Christmas Unit: This engaging Christmas Unit contains 6 different activities that will help reinforce your students’ reading and writing skills. Students will learn about the historical background of Christmas traditions and prepare for a holiday-themed discussion about current Christmas customs. *This resource is focused on the North American commercial Christmas – this is not a religious unit.
This resource contains individual PDFs of student pages to assist with online learning i.e. Google Classroom™. The unit also comes with Google Slides™ versions of the included graphic organizers for 1:1 technology schools.
- Lesson 1: History of Christmas Video & Readings
- Lesson 2: Real or Fake Christmas Trees: Which One Should You Choose?
- Lesson 3: Christmas Opinion Questions
- Lesson 4: Christmas Opinion Fishbowl Discussion & Paragraph Assignment
- Lesson 5: Christmas Food Traditions From Around the World Video + Graphic Organizer
- Lesson 6: Christmas Creative Writing Assignment *Christmas Creative Writing Assignment can be purchased separately here.
- Individual PDFs of student pages for uploading to Google Classroom or other LMS systems
- Detailed unit plan and teacher instructions
- Lessons divided up with title pages for easy access
- Assessment rubrics (Levels and Points)
- Answer keys for lessons
*Regular reliable internet access is required for this unit
*Internet must be able to access online video sources
*This resource is a non-editable PDF
Related Holiday Resources: