Book Unboxing Assignment | PDF and Digital Formats: Students love social media and YouTube culture. Use their knowledge and excitement to promote reading in your classroom. Students select 3 – 5 books they have read and unbox them for the class. Students can present this information in a video format or a live presentation. This can be used with any fiction or non-fiction book.
- What is unboxing? Modeled, Shared, and Independent Lessons
- Book Unboxing Assignment
- Book Unboxing Assignment presentations
- Teacher lesson plan
- Student assignment sheet
- Graphic organizers
- Curriculum alignment Ontario Curriculum and Common Core
- Regular reliable internet access is required for this resource.
- Internet must be able to access online video sources.
- This resource is a non-editable PDF.
- I’m in Canada, but it worked well with our curriculum as well (Oral Language, Media Literacy, etc.) and the students loved it. The resource is super organized and thorough – I didn’t have to do much tweaking (except for the Standards/Expectations). We also had a great discussion around cyberbullying and leaving positive comments and helpful suggestions (without being hurtful). It’s so relevant for students and they had fun with it!”
- “Another great resource from Two Peas and a Dog. Currently using this as a replacement for our monthly book review. Students are enjoying it very much – engaging for distance learning.”
- “Great resource. Engaging activity.”
Other Engaging ELA Assignments: