Book Flatlay Project | PDF and Digital Formats: Help students showcase their thinking about their reading with this Book Flatlay (sometimes called a Book Bento) Assignment. Students will learn how to create a Book Flatlay image and then justify their prop choices by finding evidence in the text to support their ideas. This assignment is a great book report alternative or a creative way for students to showcase their learning after completing an independent reading novel, literature circle book or whole class novel.
- What is a Flatlay? Lessons for modelled, shared, and independent instruction
- Book Flatlay Assignment & Assessment
- Teacher lesson plan
- Student assignment sheet
- Graphic organizers
- Assignment assessment options standards-based and points-based rubrics
- Example flatlay photo and write up
- Curriculum alignment Ontario Curriculum and Common Core
- This resource is a non-editable PDF.
- Students must have access to technology to take a photo or create a photo digitally.