Book Flatlay Project – Book Bento Project – Book Report
Engage your students in an exciting and interactive reading experience with our Book Bento/Book Flatlay Project. This assignment will empower your students to showcase their thoughts about the books they’ve read. By creating a visually stunning book flatlay/book bento image, students will not only demonstrate their creativity but also strengthen their analytical skills by justifying their prop choices with evidence from the text.
This resource offers a fantastic alternative to traditional book reports and provides a unique opportunity for students to display their learning after completing an independent reading novel, participating in literature circles, or studying a whole-class novel. It’s the perfect way to infuse creativity into your classroom while assessing your students’ comprehension and critical thinking abilities.
By utilizing this resource, you’ll empower your students to think critically, delve deeper into the texts they read, and express their understanding in a visually appealing and meaningful way. Let their creativity shine through the Book Flatlay Project/Book Bento Project and witness their reading experiences come to life!
What’s Included in the Resource:
- Detailed Teacher Instructions
- Student Assignment Sheet
- Planning Graphic Organizers
- Exemplar Photo & Write Up
- Points & Levels Assessment Rubrics
- Print & Digital Formats
- Detailed teacher instructions for introducing the concept of a book flatlay/book bento
- Student assignment sheet to guide their creative process
- Thoughtfully designed graphic organizers to aid in the planning process
- Assignment assessment options, including standards-based and points-based rubrics
- Example flatlay/bento photo and write-up to show students what a visually captivating flatlay photo accompanied by a well-crafted write-up looks like
- Aligned with both the Ontario Curriculum and Common Core standards, ensuring seamless integration into your existing lesson plans
- Print and Digital Formats: Accessible in both PDF and Google Slides formats, this bundle offers flexibility to suit your teaching style and classroom needs.
Don’t miss out on this incredible opportunity to transform your reading assignments. Get your hands on the Book Flatlay Project today and create a vibrant and engaging classroom environment that will leave a lasting impact on your students’ learning journey.
Book Flatlay Project/Book Bento Project/Book Report -Teacher Feedback:
- “What a fantastic way to present/create a book report! I found that this resource allowed for students of different abilities to still create a great book report, showing their understanding in a creative way.”
- “My students loved this resource. It allowed them to creatively express information about the novels they read. It made for interesting and entertaining presentations.”
- “Detailed lesson plan that provides a variety of ways to complete the project. Links to examples are provided, as well as a completed sample project. Thank you for a creative and engaging resource!”
Other Engaging ELA Assignments: