Biography Symbolism Assignment
Students will read a biography, memoir or autobiography and then create a life map outlining the important events in their chosen person’s life with this Biography Symbolism Assignment. After creating the life map, students will provide a written explanation and oral presentation of their life map.
- This assignment is Google Classroom-ready with individual PDFs and Google Drive graphic organizers.
- This resource is a non-editable PDF, with Google Classroom-compatible PDFs included.
- Curriculum Links: This lesson covers reading, writing, oral/speaking, and media literacy curriculum objectives.
Biography Symbolism Assignment Includes:
- assignment sheet
- graphic organizers
- differentiated and engaging activities
- individual PDFs of student pages for uploading to Google Classroom or other online learning portals
- Google Slides graphic organizers for 1 to 1 technology classrooms
- detailed lesson plan and teacher directions
- assessment rubrics (levels or points)
Biography Symbolism Assignment – Teacher Feedback:
- “Everything that I have purchased and used from 2peasandadog has been amazing. This did not disappoint. Thank you.”
- “My students absolutely loved looking for people to study and read about. The projects were beautiful!”
- “Great activity. Well worth the price”
- “One of the best projects I’ve done in literacy. Checked all my boxes and made writing seem like less of a daunting task for my lower students
- “Very easy to use. Well laid out with clear instructions. Great project for students to read biographies as it’s something they rarely do.”
More Fantastic Reading Resources: