Back to School Creative Writing Assignment
In this Back To School Creative Writing Assignment, students will select one of the provided character roles – classroom desk, old backpack, gym floor, lunch bag, or student – and create a written or visual product based on the character’s specific writing prompt.
This no-prep – just photocopy and teach – creative writing assignment excites and engages students during Writer’s Workshop or any ELA writing lesson.
- This resource contains individual PDFs of student pages to assist with online learning, e.g. Google Classroom. It also contains a Google Slides version of this resource.
This Back to School Creative Writing assignment is also included in the Back to School Mega Bundle, the Creative Writing Year Long Bundle, the Full Year Middle School English Language Arts Lesson Bundle 1, and the Full Year Middle School English Language Arts Lesson Bundle 2.
Click Here To View The Preview
Back to School Creative Writing Assignment – Resource Includes:
- Detailed Teacher Instructions
- 1 Creative Writing Assignment
- 1 Standards-Based Grading Rubric (Level 1 – Level 4)
- 1 Points-Based Grading Rubric (Provides a final percentage mark)
- Google Classroom-ready PDFs
- Google Slides format
- “Great activity for back to school. My students loved it.”
- “My class really enjoyed the choices with this writing activity!”
- “Very engaging!”
- “Excellent Resource.”
- “My creative writing students came up with some really good writing with these different prompts! I liked how there were different choices in format, and so did my students.”
- “Great resource! Topics were great and students loved that they had a choice of writing.”
Want To Learn More About RAFT Format?
More Back To School Resources:
- Back to School Bingo
- Back to School Activities
- Back to School Mega Bundle
- Back to School Digital Escape Room
- Back to School Digital Escape Room #2
Other Creative Writing Assignments: