Back to School Creative Writing | PDF and Digital Formats: In this Back To School Creative Writing Assignment, students will select one of the provided character roles: classroom desk, old backpack, gym floor, lunch bag, student and create a written or visual product based on the character’s specific writing prompt.
This no-prep – just photocopy and teach creative writing assignment gets students excited and engaged during Writer’s Workshop or any ELA writing lesson.
- This resource contains individual PDFs of student pages to assist with online learning e.g., Google Classroom. It also contains a Google Slides version of this resource.
Included in this Resource:
- Detailed Teacher Instructions
- 1 Creative Writing Assignment
- 1 Standards-Based Grading Rubric (Level 1 – Level 4)
- 1 Points-Based Grading Rubric (Provides a final percentage mark)
- Google Classroom ready PDFs
- Google Slides format
- “Great activity for back to school. My students loved it.”
- “My class really enjoyed the choices with this writing activity!”
- “Very engaging!”
- “Excellent Resource.”
- “My creative writing students came up with some really good writing with these different prompts! I liked how there were different choices in format, and so did my students.”
- “Great resource! Topics were great and students loved that they had a choice of writing.”
Want To Learn More About RAFT Format?
Other Creative Writing Assignments