April Fools’ Day Non-Fiction Article PDF and Digital Formats: This resource contains 1 non-fiction article and 3 reading activities to assist with reading comprehension, standardized test prep (EQAO), and cross-curricular learning. This resource contains individual PDFs of student pages to assist with online learning i.e. Google Classroom as well as Google Slides formatted lessons for 1:1 schools.
- Teacher lesson plan
- Pre-reading K-W-L chart
- Non-fiction article (modified and regular texts)
- Mp3s of the articles
- 3 Post-reading activities: comprehension questions, grammar questions (2 options: paper and self-grading Google Forms), long answer writing response
- Individual PDFs of student pages to assist with online learning i.e. Google Classroom
- Google Slides formatted lessons for 1:1 school
Use this article with my Article of the Week Differentiated Lessons program.
- “Thanks for a great resource!”
- “Love these readings! The students really enjoyed learning about the history of April Fools’ Day and how the traditions came about.”
- “Thank you! My students greatly enjoyed and benefited from this resource.”
- “Great article to use especially for older students who aren’t as interested in the April Fool’s Day celebration.”