Amigo Brothers Short Story Lesson
This short story lesson on “Amigo Brothers” by Piri Thomas focuses on literary elements of plot, character, setting, theme, and conflict, as well as these literary devices: similes, metaphors, symbols, and foreshadowing. Use this lesson to introduce or review literary elements and literary devices with your students.
- This resource contains individual PDFs of student pages to assist with online learning, i.e. Google Classroom™. The unit also comes with Google Slides™ versions of the included graphic organizers for 1:1 technology schools.
NOTE: Due to copyright, PDFs of the short story are not included. This resource is NOT editable.
This short story lesson is also included in Short Story Unit 1.
Short Story Lesson Includes:
- Comprehension Questions + Answer Key
- Literary Elements and Devices Graphic Organizer + Answer Key
- Standards-based Assessment
- Points-based Assessment
- Individual PDFs of student pages for uploading to Google Classroom or other online learning portals
- Google Slides graphic organizers for 1:1 schools
- “This lesson was a great guide for modelling a story using the elements of fiction.”
- “Great resource!”
- “Great resource! I plan on using it at the start of the school year to review certain skills before diving into the regular curriculum.”
Are you looking for short story units?