Alcatraz Non-Fiction Article | PDF and Digital Formats: Students will learn about Alcatraz a former maximum-security prison in this non-fiction article. This resource contains 1 non-fiction article and 3 reading activities to assist with reading comprehension, standardized test prep (EQAO) and cross-curricular learning.
- This resource contains individual PDFs of student pages to assist with online learning i.e. Google Classroom as well as Google Slides formatted lessons for 1:1 schools.
- Teacher lesson plan
- Pre-reading K-W-L chart
- 1 Non-fiction article (regular and modified versions)
- An audio file (mp3) of each article (regular and modified versions)
- 3 Post-reading activities: comprehension questions, grammar questions (2 options: paper and self-grading Google Forms), long answer writing response
- Individual PDFs of student pages to assist with online learning i.e. Google Classroom
- Google Slides formatted lessons for 1:1 school
- “My students loved reading about the prison and investigating the article through questions.”
- “Students enjoyed the article and its contents. Created great class discussion and questions were easy to follow. Highly recommend.”
- “This was a topic my students were very interested in! They loved coming up with theories and reading about the history. 2peas does a great job in selecting reading material which will interest middle school students! “
- “This was a great way for me to introduce the novel I was about to read aloud to my students (based on Alcatraz). It gave the students information and plenty of ways to show their learning. The students were really engaged, especially my male students. It is not easy to engage male students in reading exercises so I was impressed. I have many products from this seller and they are amazing!”
Other Non-Fiction Articles