8th Grade Poetry Unit | PDF and Digital Formats: This 8th Grade Poetry Unit contains 8 engaging lessons for middle school classrooms. Students will enjoy this differentiated and relevant unit. This unit helps students analyze a variety of poetry forms – poems, songs, spoken word, and create their own poems to be presented at a poetry café.
- This unit is Google Classroom™️ compatible with individual PDFs and Google Slides™️ graphic organizers included.
Poetry Unit Outline
- What is Poetry? Lesson
- What is Topic and Theme? Lesson
- Figurative Language Lesson
- Poetry Analysis
- Spoken Word Analysis
- Song Lyric Analysis
- Poetry Creation
- Poetry Showcase
- 8 Engaging & Interactive Lessons
- Detailed Lesson Plans
- Answer Keys
- individual PDFs of student pages for uploading to Google Classroom or other online learning portals
- Google Slides graphic organizers for 1:1 schools
- Anchor Charts
- Student Choice
- Group Work
- Title Pages For Easy Lesson Access
- Rubric and Points-Based Assessment Options
Due to copyright laws, copies of poems and songs are not included in this unit. Links to online sources have been provided.