Chinese New Year Non-Fiction Article PDF and Digital Formats: This resource contains 1 non-fiction article and 3 reading activities to assist with reading comprehension, standardized test prep (EQAO), and cross-curricular learning.
- This resource contains individual PDFs of student pages as well as Google Slides formatted lessons to use with online tools such as Google Classroom.
- 1 Non-Fiction Article (regular & modified versions)
- 2 Audio Files (MP3) – 1 for each article
- 1 Pre-Reading Activity (K-W-L chart)
- 3 Post-Reading Activities (comprehension questions, grammar questions, and long answer writing)
- Print & Digital Formats
- Detailed Lesson Plan
- Answer Key
- Assessment Rubric
- PDF & Google Slides™ Formats
- “This is a great resource! Very student-friendly. The layout and questions are easy to follow and the students were engaged. It also sparked conversations in the classroom. Many students were willing to share their own experiences.”
- “My students enjoyed learning about Chinese New Year and asked for more resources like this for various cultural holidays. (Ex. Diwali)”
Use this article with my Article of the Week Differentiated Lessons program.