Media Literacy: Consumer Awareness Lesson – Misleading Food Labels
Total Pages: 25 pages
Answer Key: Included
Teaching Duration: 90 minutes
File Size: 1 MB
File Type: PDF
Media Literacy & Consumer Awareness – Help your students develop a deeper understanding of media literacy and consumer awareness with this engaging lesson on the truth behind food label claims. This lesson examines 10 popular grocery store food options and discusses the nutritional content of each one.
This resource contains individual PDFs of student pages to assist with online learning i.e. Google Classroom. The word “screwed” is used twice in this video.
This set of lessons can be used for media literacy lessons or as part of your Health Curriculum where healthy eating and nutrition facts are a curriculum focus i.e. Ontario Health Curriculum Grade 7 & 8.
1. Introduction to Consumer Awareness
2. Food Labels Questions and Graphic Organizer
3. Journal Entry Assessment (2 Options)
4. Extend Your Learning Assignment
Other Media Literacy Resources
- Media Literacy Unit – Analyzing Public Service Announcements and Commercials
- Media Literacy: Consumer Awareness Lesson – Clothing Waste
- Media Literacy: Consumer Awareness Lesson – Gender Price Differences
- Media Literacy: Consumer Awareness Lesson – Outlet vs. Retail
- Media Literacy: Consumer Awareness Lesson – Breakfast Sandwiches
- Media Literacy: Consumer Awareness Lesson – Misleading Food Labels
- Media Literacy Review Writing 16 Lessons
- Regular reliable internet access is required for this resource
- Internet must be able to access online video sources
- This resource is a non-editable PDF, with Google Classroom compatible PDFs included
- differentiated and engaging activities
- individual PDFs of student pages for uploading to Google Classroom or other online learning portals
- Google Slides graphic organizers for 1 to 1 technology classrooms
- detailed lesson plan
- lessons divided up with title pages for easy access
- detailed teacher directions
Exclusive Resources For Teachers
Subscribe to get engaging lesson ideas and special subscriber only bonus lessons like our Rant Writing Unit sent directly to your email address.