How is it possible that it is already time for end of the year activities?
As educators, we know how important it is to keep students engaged and excited until the very last day. That’s why I’ve created this curated collection of creative and interactive end of the year activities that will leave a lasting impression on your students.
From challenging their summarization skills with this free 6 Word Memoir Assignment to exploring the accuracy of Dog DNA Tests, there’s something for everyone. Let your students unleash their creativity with Canva designs showcasing their memoirs or embark on a thrilling escape room adventure. Help your students dive into fascinating topics like public swimming pool safety, amusement parks, and popular desserts, all while keeping the learning momentum going.
Whether your students are dreaming of summer travels or reflecting on their school year, I’ve got you covered with engaging resources and lesson ideas. Let’s make the final week of the school year one to remember with the End of the Year Mega Bundle and have fun together!
End of The Year Activities For Middle School Students
- Challenge your students to summarize their school year in this free 6 Word Memoir Assignment. Then have them create designs in Canva of their creations to display at end-of-the-year events.
- Have you ever wondered if Dog DNA Tests are accurate? This free lesson on Dog DNA Tests will help you answer that question!
- If your students love animals, check out the following activities: use this free Pet-Themed Digital Escape Room, this lesson about the former Parliament Hill Cat Colony, or this non-fiction article about Dangerous North American Animals. You can find the Parliament Hill Cat Colony lesson on Teachers Pay Teachers USD or Shopify CAD and the Dangerous North American Animals Non-Fiction Article on Teachers Pay Teachers USD or Shopify CAD.
- Help your students keep up their writing skills during the final month of school with this Summer Creative Writing Assignment. You can find it on Teachers Pay Teachers USD or Shopify CAD.
- Let your students think about their future careers by watching these three segments of the TV show “Dirty Jobs” and completing these free “Dirty Jobs” graphic organizers.
- Have your students bring snacks and work in partners or groups to solve the 12 challenges in this Movie Night Digital Escape Room. You can find it on Teachers Pay Teachers USD or Shopify CAD.
- Did you know chewing gum sales have been in decline? Help your students learn why one of their favourite snacks is not as popular as it once was with this Podcast Listening Comprehension Lesson – Chewing Gum Sales Decline. You can find it on Teachers Pay Teachers USD or Shopify CAD.
- Will your students be travelling this summer? Would they like to get paid for any spare room in their suitcase? Check out this lesson on Podcast Listening Comprehension Lesson – Crowdsourced Shipping. You can find it on Teachers Pay Teachers USD or Shopify CAD.
- How clean are public swimming pools? Find out in this non-fiction article Public Swimming Pool Safety Non-Fiction Article. You can find it on Teachers Pay Teachers USD or Shopify CAD.
- Will your students be visiting any amusement parks this summer? Have them learn more about these attractions with this Amusement Parks Non-Fiction Article. You can find it on Teachers Pay Teachers USD or Shopify CAD.
- Summer is the perfect time to make S’mores. Let your students vote on their favourite dessert after reading this article on Popular Desserts. You can find it on Teachers Pay Teachers USD or Shopify CAD.
For the final week of school, check out these two resources:
Students must solve the required challenges to “escape” the school basement storage room they accidentally got locked in. Participants will use their general knowledge about summer to solve each escape room challenge. You can find the End of the Year Digital Escape Room on Teachers Pay Teachers USD or Shopify CAD. This is also included in the End of the Year Mega Bundle.
This mega bundle contains 9 different end of the year activities for your middle school students. This bundle is a mix of academic lessons (e.g., non-fiction articles) and just fun end of the year activities (e.g., digital escape room). Help keep your students engaged until the last day of school with these creative end of the year activities. You can find the End of the Year Mega Bundle on Teachers Pay Teachers USD or Shopify CAD.
- Are Public Pools Safe? Non-Fiction Article
- Amusement Parks Non-Fiction Article
- End of the Year Digital Escape Room
- Summer Creative Writing Assignment
- Letter Writing (Advice to Future Student, Dear Future Teacher)
- School Year Reflections Memory Book (4 pages)
- Read It Book Recommendations
- Six-Word Memoirs
- Thank You Card Writing
More End of the Year Activities For Middle School Students
- Check out this middle school mystery lessons blog post if your students are interested in mysteries.
- You can also read this blog post about Canadian Folklore: Myths and Legends to Regale Your Students if you are looking for Canadian content.
Stop searching for engaging and memorable end of the year activities for your middle school students! You have found so many ideas in this curated collection of end of the year activities for middle school students.
These end of the year activities and lessons are designed to keep your students motivated and excited until the last day of school. From creative writing assignments and memoir challenges to exploring intriguing topics like Dog DNA Tests, public pool safety, and amusement parks, these activities will spark curiosity and ignite their imaginations.
Don’t forget to try the End of the Year Mega Bundle, so you’ll have a variety of resources at your fingertips, including a thrilling digital escape room, non-fiction articles, letter-writing exercises, and more.
Say goodbye to the school year in style with these interactive and educational experiences that will leave a lasting impression on your students. Let’s make this end-of-the-year celebration fun!