Are you looking for some teacher career advice?
Whether you are in your first year or in your fifteenth – it is important to get honest and current information about this profession.
Searching for a teaching job is not the same as looking for a part-time or even a full-time non-teaching position. It is important to get your teacher career advice from teaching websites or from real teachers.
This article has two main sections: job search advice and professional development opportunities. Each section has links that pertain to helpful subtopics relating to your teaching career. I have even covered some less-discussed topics, such as the non-renewal process and leaving teaching.
Teacher Career Advice
Job Search Advice
- Finding a Teaching Job – Finding a teaching job can be stressful; in this article, teachers will learn how to break down the process into manageable steps.
- How To Ace Your Teaching Job Interview – Learn how to make your teaching job interview go as smoothly and successfully as possible.
- Finding an International Teaching Job – Learn about teaching at a DoDEA school and what it is like to teach internationally. Find websites for international teaching jobs.
- Finding A New Teaching Job After A Move – This article will cover strategies and ideas for finding a new teaching job after a move.
- Surviving and Thriving Through the Non-Renewal Process – Dealing with having your teaching contract non-renewed? Take a moment to process your thoughts, then read this informative blog post about how to survive and thrive through the non-renewal process. Tips include preparing for the job application process, interview questions, and creating digital teaching portfolios.
- Resources For Teachers Considering Quitting Teaching – Are you considering quitting teaching? Check out the resources provided in this article to help you with this decision.
Professional Development Opportunities
When preparing for a job interview, it is important to stay current with your educational practices and knowledge base. Below is a list of online resources to help with this task.
- Free Teacher Professional Development Workshop: How to Use Podcasts in the Classroom
- Lit Launch: Middle School Reading Engagement Course
- Teacher Professional Development Podcasts
- Online Teacher Professional Development
- 15 Professional Development Books for English Teachers