Are you looking for some teacher career advice?
Whether you are in your first year or in your fifteenth – it is important to get honest and current information about this profession.
Searching for a teaching job is not the same as looking for a part-time or even full-time non-teaching position. It is important to get your teacher career advice from teaching websites or from real teachers.
This article has two main sections job search advice and professional development opportunities. Each section has links that pertain to helpful subtopics relating to your teaching career. I have even covered some less discussed topics such as the non-renewal process and leaving teaching.
Teacher Career Advice
Job Search Advice
- Finding a Teaching Job – Finding a teaching job can be stressful, in this article teachers will learn how to break down the process into manageable steps.
- How To Ace Your Teaching Job Interview – Learn how to make your teaching job interview go as smoothly and successfully as possible.
- Finding an International Teaching Job – Learn about teaching at a DoDEA school and what is it like to teach internationally. Find websites for international teaching jobs.
- Finding A New Teaching Job After A Move – This article will cover strategies and ideas for finding a new teaching job after a move.
- Surviving and Thriving Through the Non-Renewal Process – Dealing with having your teaching contract non-renewed? Take a moment to process your thoughts, then read this informative blog post about how to survive and thrive through the non-renewal process. Tips include preparing for the job application process, interview questions, and creating digital teaching portfolios.
- Resources For Teachers Considering Quitting Teaching – Are you considering quitting teaching? Check out the resources provided in this article to help you with this decision.
Professional Development Opportunities
When preparing for a job interview it is important to stay current with your educational practices and knowledge base. Below is a list of online resources to help with this task.
- Free Teacher Professional Development Workshop: How to Use Podcasts in the Classroom
- Lit Launch: Middle School Reading Engagement Course
- Teacher Professional Development Podcasts
- Online Teacher Professional Development
- 15 Professional Development Books for English Teachers