Do you teach grade 7 science lessons in Ontario?
Are you looking for quality resources that do not require a textbook and are more engaging than just a set of worksheets?
2 Peas and a Dog has created engaging grade 7 science lessons that are ready-to-go and require minimal teacher prep (with the exception of student labs).
The lessons are provided in both PDF and Google Slides format to meet the needs of both in-person and online learning. These grade 7 science lessons also include mp3 audio files of each student reading to make the lessons accessible to students.
Every 2 Peas and a Dog science unit includes:
- Detailed lesson plans
- Differentiated lessons and assignments (readings, videos, graphic organizers, interactive notebook activities, group work, projects, labs)
- Detailed unit plans, answer keys, and assessment rubrics
- Lessons are divided up with title pages for easy access
- Student assignment choice and variety
- Quizzes (PDF and Self-Marking Google Forms)
- Unit Test (PDF and Self-Marking Google Forms)
- Science Labs
- Sub Plans
All 2 Peas and a Dog science units are aligned with the Ontario Science Curriculum 2007.
Interactions in the Environment Lessons
Interactions in the Environment: This 230-page unit will help you teach science without a textbook. Students will love this engaging and differentiated unit that explains what ecosystems are and how they interact within their environments.
- Unit Vocabulary QR Code Matching Activity
- Elements of Ecosystems
- Ecosystems – Examples and Interactions
- Energy Transfer and Food Chains
- Biotic Elements Quiz
- Matter Cycling
- Ecological Succession
- Ecosystem Limits
- Species At Risk & Invasive Species Assignment
- Human Interactions in the Environment
- Indigenous Perspectives
- Environmental Investigation Case Study: Electric Cars
- Environmental Protection Stations
- Ecosystem Summative Lab (3 options)
- Ecosystems Unit Test
- Bonus: Sub Plans
Heat in the Environment Lessons
Heat in the Environment: This 178-page unit will help you teach science without a textbook. Students will love this engaging and differentiated unit that explains what heat is, where it is found and its functions in the environment.
- Safety Lesson
- Unit Vocabulary QR Code Scavenger Hunt
- Introduction To Heat
- Heat Production
- Heat and Temperature
- The Particle Theory
- Heat and Volume
- Conduction, Convection, and Radiation
- Bill Nye Video: Heat
- Teacher Demonstration: Boiling Water in a Paper Cup
- Student Lab: Melting Ice Cubes
- Heating and Cooling of the Earth
- Greenhouse Gases
- Investigation: Benefits of Technology With Heat
- Stations & Project-Based Learning: Energy Types & Solar Panels Investigation
- Unit Test
Pure Substances and Mixtures Lessons
Pure Substances and Mixtures: This 233-page unit will help you teach science without a textbook. Students will love this engaging and differentiated unit that explains what pure substances and mixtures are, where they are found, and their functions.
- Safety Rules & Unit Vocabulary
- The Particle Theory
- Pure Substances and Mixtures
- Pure Substances and Mixtures Activity
- Solutions and Mechanical Mixtures
- Solution Examples Activity
- Concentration of Solutions
- Saturated Solutions
- Saturation Lab
- Separating Mixtures
- Separating Mixtures Lab
- Positive and Negative Impacts on the Environment
- Tar Sands Investigation
- Unit Test
- Sub Plans: Bill Nye Video & CSI Article
Understanding Structures and Mechanisms Lessons
Understanding Structures and Mechanisms: This 190-page unit will help you teach science without a textbook. Students will love this engaging and differentiated unit that explains what structures are and how they function.
- Safety Lesson, Unit Vocabulary, Unit Introduction
- Classifying Structures
- Bill Nye Video
- Centre of Gravity & Stability
- Show and Tell Assignment
- Classifying Structures Quiz
- Internal and External Forces
- Card Pyramid Activity
- Symmetry in Structures
- Structure Failure
- Manufacturing Factors
- Structural Safety
- Design Factors
- Ergonomic Design
- Take-Out Container Lab
- Egg House Lab
- Unit Review
- Unit Test
These grade 7 science lessons are designed to save teachers time while making science relatable and engaging for students.
Are you teaching a split grade?
Save yourself hours of planning and check out this Grade 7/8 Science bundle. Teachers are provided with 150 in-depth, engaging, and cross-curricular lessons to help their students explore and understand Grade 7 and 8 science.
This 8-unit bundle will help you teach science without a textbook. Students will love these engaging and differentiated units that cover Interactions in the Environment, Heat in the Environment, Pure Substances and Mixtures, Understanding Structures and Mechanisms, Cells, Water Systems, Fluids, and Systems in Action.