Report card season is every teacher’s favourite time, right? I highly doubt that. The 12 items listed below will help you recognize if you are in the report card season. I hope this teacher humour blog post brings a smile to your face.
- Your dinners look like Olivia Pope’s from Scandal -popcorn and/or takeout
- Your bedtime gets later every night.
- You begin discussing the use of an Oxford comma with your colleagues and principals.
- Your marking pile truly looks like a mountain.
- You compose comments in your head during your commute to and from work.
- You might have tried to open your front door with the car remote.
- Your students are reflecting on and setting new smart goals.
- You begin to wonder who these people are living in your house.
- Your spouse/significant other knows to “stay away” from you during this time period.
- Your computer is complaining about overuse (insert breaking computer noise).
- Your hand hurts from marking.
- Your fingers are numb from typing reports and entering marks.
If any of these criteria sound familiar you know you are teaching in report card season.
Report Card Comment Banks
Additional Assessment Tips
- Quick Assessment Strategies
- Student-Designed Assessments
- 8 Ways to Efficient Grading Success
- Grading Policies and Tips in the English Language Arts Classroom