When I leave for school in the morning I sometimes feel like I am packing for an expedition. I have so many bags and boxes that I bring back and forth to school. To lighten the load in your teacher bag consider keeping a few things at school.
If you do not have any storage space at school I would keep these items in a bag tucked away in the trunk of your car. I cannot tell you how many times has an extra item of something has come in handy.
Teachers spend a lot of time away from their homes arriving at school early to coach clubs or teams and staying late to finish marking or lesson prep. Teachers often wonder what personal care supplies they should keep in their classrooms.
I have compiled a list of personal care supplies that would be beneficial to keep at school in case you forget something when you leave the house in the morning.
This blog post contains affiliate links that are of no cost to the reader. If you make a purchase through the provided links this blog will receive a small commission to help with the financial costs of maintaining the site.
A few times a year I forget my lunch at home. My school does not have a vending machine or a cafeteria. If I did not have an emergency supply of food I would go hungry until I got home.
- Pull tab canned soup (no one can ever find a can opener)
- Granola bars
- Instant Oatmeal
- Bottled water
- Juice Boxes
- Microwave popcorn or pre-packaged popcorn
- Teabags, instant coffee
- Electric kettle (if permitted)
- Reusable cutlery set and reusable dishes/containers *My secret for free cutlery is to bring home all disposable cutlery from takeout food, wash it and keep it at school. I have a giant bag of plastic spoons and forks at school because I always forget to pack it!
An unexpected illness or meeting can occur, by keeping these items on hand you will be able to cope with the unexpected.
- Hair Elastics
- Lip chap
- Complete change of clothes (including shoes)
- Toothbrush, toothpaste, and floss
- Band-Aids (for personal and student use)
- Feminine products (for personal and student use)
- Nail Clipper and file
- Hand sanitizer
- Hand lotion
- Lint roller
- Any medications you need (these need to be stored in a locked space away from students)
- Extra phone charger
- Extra laptop charger
- Fleece sweater/school spirit wear sweatshirt
Wondering what are some essential school supplies you need? Check out this blog post.