Middle school writing lessons can be found in this blog post. Writing is a pillar of an ELA classroom. Keep your foundation strong with new ideas and inspiration. This blog post contains a collection of popular writing blog posts from the blog: journal writing, informational and argument writing, writing workshops, student choice writing and more! Looking for new lesson ideas? You’ll also find some of my top rated Teachers Pay Teachers writing products here.
Middle School Writing Lesson Ideas
Ideas For Teaching Informational and Argument Writing
- Teaching students to properly write an effective argument can be difficult. Trying to balance this important skill along with teaching other forms of writing is also a balancing act. Read how other middle and high school teachers are teaching both of these writing forms in their classes.
7 Tips For Implementing Journal Writing In Your ELA Classroom
- Help your students ignite their passion for writing through journaling in your classroom. Journaling can be an important tool for student self-expression. Read 7 tips on how to implement an effective journal writing component in your ELA classroom.
Student Engagement Through Choice Writing
- Provide choice on English Language Arts writing assignments to increase student engagement and work completion.
5 Tips For a Successful Argument Writing Unit
- Create and teach an effective and engaging argument writing unit with these 5 tips.
- It can be hard to remember that students enjoy the opportunity to flex their creative muscles with creative writing assignments. In this blog post, teachers share their best ideas for incorporating creative writing opportunities in the ELA classroom.
Middle School Writing Lessons
- These no prep interactive writing prompts gets students up and moving during Writer’s Workshop. This interactive whole class or small group activity is a great warm up for your writing program. Find this resource on Shopify CAD or Teachers Pay Teachers USD.
My Life In Logos Paragraph Writing Assignment
- Students will practice paragraph writing in a unique and engaging way by writing about logos that represent: their friends and family, entertainment choices, favourite foods and things that remind them about school, enabling their teachers and classmates to get to know them better. Find this resource on Shopify CAD or Teachers Pay Teachers USD.
- Rant writing is an engaging way to bring public speaking and persuasive writing into the classroom. Students rant and complain to each other daily, why not channel that creative energy into some high-quality writing? Rants are an engaging way to get students writing and sharing their thoughts and opinions in the classroom. Find this resource on Shopify CAD or Teachers Pay Teachers USD.
Creative Writing Year Long Lesson Bundle
- This no prep – just photocopy and teach, yearlong creative writing bundle will keep your students engaged in their writing. This bundle provides holiday writing prompts (Halloween, Christmas, Valentine’s Day, Easter) as well as seasonal writing prompts (Fall, Winter, Spring, Summer, Back to School) to support an inclusive classroom environment. Find this resource on Shopify CAD or Teachers Pay Teachers USD.