Middle school book recommendations are important so that teachers can find excellent books to share with their students. Teachers are always on the lookout for the next great book to add to their classrooms.
In this blog post, I have linked amazing middle school book recommendations that you can share with your students, their families, and your school librarian. Remember to bookmark this blog post, as I will continually update it with new book lists once those blog posts are published on this website.
I am always looking for engaging books to add to my classroom library. The best part of my day is when a student tells me they loved a book from my classroom library or when other students recommend a book they loved to a classmate. If you want to find out how to purchase affordable books for your classroom library, read this blog post.
I have sorted the book lists by grade level, genre, and theme so you can find exactly what you and your students need. If you want book lists sent directly to your email, you can click here.
Do you have any middle school book recommendations you want to add to these lists?
Middle School Book Recommendations
Grade Level Book Lists
- 4th and 5th Grade Books (These work well for struggling and/or reluctant middle school readers)
- Popular 4th Grade Books (These work well for struggling and/or reluctant middle school readers)
- Popular 5th Grade Books (These work well for struggling and/or reluctant middle school readers)
- Best 6th Grade Books
- Fantastic 6th Grade Books
- Popular Grade 6 Books Every Young Reader Should Know
- Books Your Grade 6 Students Will Love
- Best 7th-Grade Books
- Grade 7 Book Recommendations
- Best 8th Grade Books
- Engaging Books for 7th and 8th Grade Students (Books to read after Big Nate and Wimpy Kid)
- 12 Awesome Middle Grade Books That Will Fascinate Your Students
Genre-Focused Book Lists
- 10 Science Fiction Book Series For Middle School Students
- 9 Fantasy Fiction Series For Middle School Students
- 10 Mystery Novels For Middle School Students
- Middle School Graphic Novels
- Middle Grades Books in Verse
- 15 Middle School Historical Fiction Books
- Middle School Historical Fiction Books
- 8 Graphic Novels for Middle School Students
- Middle School Fantasy Fiction
- Middle School Realistic Fiction Books
- Sports Books for Middle School
Theme-Focused Book Lists
- 11 Great Middle School Books Made Into Movies
- 10 Books for Picky Middle School Readers
- 10 Thought-Provoking Middle School Book Club Books
- Engaging Books for Struggling and Reluctant Readers
- Popular Middle School Books
- Orange Shirt Day Resources For Middle School Teachers
- Books For Middle School Reluctant Readers
- World War Two-Themed Novels For Middle School Students
- Books For Middle School Reluctant Readers 2
- Middle School Books by Indigenous Authors
- Fantastic Middle School Black History Month Books
- 6 Fantastic Canadian Authors To Read In Class
- Women’s History Month Books
- Informative Sikh Heritage Month Lesson Ideas and Book Recommendations
- Asian Heritage Month Resources For Middle School
- Books to Celebrate Thanksgiving
- How to Recognize National Indigenous Veterans Day In The Classroom
- Teaching Students the Importance of Remembrance Day in Middle School
High School Book Recommendations (YA Books)
Professional Development Books For ELA Teachers
Fun Reads For Teachers
Get Books in Students’ Hands
Pre-Made Book Talks For Middle and High School Teachers: Love books but don’t have time to read all the best ones? Use these pre-made book talk slideshows to get your students interested in reading. Each book talk is themed so that you can pick the best one for each class. Teachers are provided with the links to Google Slides and will make a copy to their Google Drive. Each slide comes with a book-themed background and a book summary, with plenty of middle school book recommendations.
This resource will help you simplify providing middle school book recommendations to your students. Find the Pre-Made Book Talks for Middle and High School Students on Shopify CAD or Teachers Pay Teachers USD.
I am all about saving time. This resource is priceless and will help me follow through on my goal of giving a daily book talk. I am thankful I came across this resource. — David P.
I hope you can use these middle school book recommendations with your students and help them find a book that appeals to them. If you have a book you would like to recommend, connect with me on social media (@2peasandadog) to let me know your middle school book recommendations.