Spring Break is a favorite time of year for many teachers. When someone mentions the word “Spring Break” people automatically assume wild parties at the beach. For teachers, this is the farthest thing on their minds.
On Spring Break I have two things on my mind: using the bathroom and eating at regular intervals. That’s it – no wild parties in this house.
Below is a list of things that teachers love about Spring Break:
- We get to drink as much water as we want. Why? Because our bathroom usage is not limited to 1 minute between classes.
- We get to binge-watch Netflix or Hallmark movies.
- We get to enjoy not listening to students say our names loudly a million times every day.
- We get to binge-read non-school related things.
- We can go shopping in the middle of the day.
- Sleeping in is a must. The alarm is turned off!
- Pajamas are considered appropriate attire.
- We get to meet up with other teachers and talk about non-school things.
- Coffee. Drinking hot coffee is a luxury. Who am I kidding – drinking coffee is a luxury – how many times have you forgotten it somewhere, forgotten to drink it, or split it on yourself?
- It gives us a chance to recharge and get ready for the end-of-the-year madness that is sure to arrive.
End of the Year Ideas
More Teacher Humor
- You Live With A Teacher When
- How Do Teachers Know It’s Report Card Season
- Want to Marry a Teacher? Take This Quiz
- You Might Be a Teacher If Teacher Humour
- 7 Benefits of Supervision Duty