Holiday season survival is an important goal for many teachers. Last year, I wrote this Holiday Season Survival Guide , which received positive feedback from teachers so I created a second edition this year. Scroll down and stop at the subheading that appeals to you this holiday season. Happy Holidays!
- Tips for Teachers on How to Reduce Holiday Season Stress
- General Holiday Season Advice for Secondary Teachers
- Read about fantastic ideas from real teachers about what they do in their classrooms to spread the message of giving not getting during the holiday season. Thinking About Giving.
- Helping students get back into the school routine after a holiday break can be challenging. Check out these great ideas for goal setting and re-establishing your classroom routine. Re-establishing Classroom Routines After The Holidays.
- Promoting Joy During the Holiday Season
- The biggest saver of my sanity during the holiday season is to sit down and plan all six classes for the last fifteen days of the semester. Save Your Sanity.
- How to start back after the holiday break
- Wind Down, Not Up This Holiday Season
Detailed Lesson, Assignments Plans & Units
- Think globally work locally with this Global Holiday Research Assignment. Have your students learn about different religious and secular holidays from around the world.
- Get your students thinking creatively this season, but still work on their writing skills with this Christmas Creative Writing Assignment.
- Offer your students a different non-Christmas choice with this Winter Creative Writing Assignment.
- Looking for a cross-curricular unit to keep students focused? Use this Christmas Truce of 1914 Media Literacy Unit that combines ELA and History.
Free Lesson Plans
- Christmas Interactive Writing Prompts
- New Year’s Goal Setting and Reflection Activity
- A Christmas Carol ZAP – Play this fun game with your class to review the plot of this story! It’s perfect for one of the last days before the break!
- Canadian Christmas Math Challenge
- Holiday Lesson Ideas for the ELA Classroom
- Compare and Contrast Picture Book Versions (perfect for all ages just modify the activities)
- Holiday Elapsed Time Problems. These are holiday-themed elapsed time word problems and game.
- Christmas & Holiday Primary Source Analysis Handout Set
- Christmas Around the World – Germany Reading
These ideas are great for reading buddy time or as a volunteering opportunity for older kids to work with younger students. Lots of fun crafty ideas to keep kids engaged and still learning the last week before winter break. 5 Easy Activities To Survive The Last Week Before Christmas Break.
Gift Ideas for Parents, Volunteers and School Staff
- School Staff Gift Ideas
- Schools run on volunteers. Try this cute volunteer gift idea.
- These two DIY gifts are quick and easy to make, but they always get wonderful reactions from the recipients because they are so special.