The end of the year is a busy time of year for teachers and students. Try some of these end-of-the-year activities and lessons listed below to ease the burden of planning new activities and lessons during this time of year. You and your students will enjoy these end-of-the-year activities. Scroll through this article to find the sub-heading that most meets your needs tips and tricks, engaging lesson ideas, no prep lesson plans, classroom management tips, and self-care tips.
End of the Year Tips and Tricks
- TIPS FOR SURVIVING THE END OF THE YEAR – Read about these great end-of-the-year tips for teachers. The end of the year for teachers is like tax season for financial professionals – busy and chaotic. It is important to know that end-of-year madness can be tamed and turned into something more productive than stress and chaos.
- TIPS TO GET PREPARED FOR BACK TO SCHOOL BEFORE THE SUMMER HOLIDAYS – Quick tips to help teachers end the school year on a productive note to get ready for the next school year. Using these tips will help teachers stay focused and not use up their whole summer vacation planning.
Engaging Lesson Ideas
- FAVOURITE END OF THE YEAR LESSONS, ASSIGNMENTS, AND UNITS – Eleven teacher bloggers have shared their thoughts on their favourite end-of-the-year lessons, assignments and units that they LOVE teaching at this time of year.
- 5 REASONS TO USE ESCAPE ROOMS IN YOUR CLASSROOM – 5 reasons to use escape rooms in your classroom. Try an escape room near the end of the year to review key curriculum ideas and to infuse fun into learning.
- FANTASTIC IDEAS TO END THE YEAR SCHOOL – Amazing end of the year tips and activities from experienced teachers. Reduce your stress and stay focused.
- END OF THE YEAR ACTIVITIES AND LESSON IDEAS – Useful tips and lesson ideas for middle school teachers for ending the school year without chaos and confusion.
- CALMING THE CHAOS: END OF YEAR SURVIVAL TIPS FOR TEACHERS – Make your end-of-the-year activities exciting. Teachers – try these low prep and engaging lesson ideas in your classroom.
No Prep Lesson Plans
- Media Literacy Outlet vs Retail This lesson also shows students the different techniques outlet stores use to get consumers to purchase products.
- Media Literacy Gender Price Differences This engaging lesson explains how prices on consumer products are different for men and women.
- Book Versus Movie Assignment Use this Book Versus Movie Analysis Project to help students gain higher order thinking skills as they compare their favourite book to the movie.
- Fractured Fairy Tales Analysis Assignment Students use a Venn diagram graphic organizer to compare and contrast each fairy tale version.
- Rant Writing Unit Students rant to each other daily, why not channel that creative energy into some high-quality writing? Rants are an engaging way to get students writing and sharing their thoughts and opinions in the classroom.
- Career Exploration and Research Project Students will get excited about career research by taking an online career quiz, brainstorming possible career choices, and culminating with a poster project.
Classroom Management Tips
- END OF THE YEAR CLASSROOM MANAGEMENT STRATEGIES – The end of the year is a stressful time. Ten teacher bloggers have taken the time to share their thoughts on how to make classroom management more manageable during the year end chaos.
- END OF THE YEAR TIP FOR SUCCESS – Ensure that your class runs smoothly during the end the year by incorporating these 4 important tips to calm the chaos during the countdown to summer vacation.
- YEAR-END TEACHER SURVIVAL TIPS – End of the Year Tips for Teachers. 3 tips for keeping the middle school classroom calm and students engaged during the last few weeks of school.
Teacher Self Care Tips
- THE IMPORTANCE OF END OF THE YEAR TEACHER REFLECTIONS – The end of the year is a great time to reflect on the past year’s successes and challenges. Use these reflections to help plan out changes for your future classes. Includes a free graphic organizer to help teachers reflect on their school year.
- TEACHER SELF CARE TIPS – It is important for teachers to realize that self-care is important. Check out these teacher self-care tips.
- TIPS FOR AVOIDING TEACHER BURNOUT – Effective and realistic strategies to help teachers survive and cope with teacher burnout.
- SUMMER RELAXATION STRATEGIES FOR TEACHERS – Teaching is a demanding profession that requires 110% of its teachers during the school year. Here are 10 fantastic ideas to help teachers relax and recharge themselves over the summer.