As digital learning is becoming more and more popular, photocopiers are becoming less common or copy limits are drastically reduced. I love using current articles as part of my teaching units, but I do not find that they are always able to be printed in a school-friendly format. I cannot photocopy 5 pages for my 60 students. I needed a more economical way to print internet articles. I found this Google Chrome Extension named Print Friendly and PDF and it works very well.
Support Digital Learning with Print Friendly and PDF
- Use the Chrome browser.
- In your Chrome browser, I want you to search “Google Chrome Store” in your toolbar or at Google.com.
- When you get to the Chrome store, I want you to look up “Print Friendly & PDF.”
- All you need to do to install this Google Extension is find “Print Friendly & PDF” and then click the “Add to Chrome” button.
- It will show up as a green printer button in your toolbar at the very top of your Chrome browser.
- This allows you to save paper when you find something on the internet that you want to print. You can edit the website and then save it as a PDF.
- The PDF can be printed or uploaded to your school’s LMS system, e.g. Google Classroom.
Other Useful Tech Tools
- How to Create a Blended Learning Table of Contents for Online Learning
- HyperDocs 101
- Digital Learning Tools