- Book Outlet Canada or USA
- Your local bookstore sale rack – check big box and small bookstores as they often have great deals on their sales rack. If you can’t find it, ask! It might be worth it.
- Scholastic Warehouse Sale
- Scholastic Reading Club monthly flyers – their $1.99 specials are very good. I try to check all of the upper grades flyers for specials. Canada or USA
- Book Sale Finder
- Public library discards rack
- Garage sales – read the newspaper regularly in the summer
- Retired teachers sales – check garage sale and online sale listings
- Thrift Stores – check local thrift stores and ones in nearby towns/cities
- Thrift Books Website – discount book website.
- Paperback Swap – swap your current novels for different ones
- First Book Marketplace
Other Ways To Acquire Books
- Redeem rewards points for gift cards to book stores
- Collect and save your Scholastic points from monthly book sale flyer sales
- Ask friends, family and neighbours in person and via social media to donate any gently used books to your classroom
- If permitted ask parents of students in your class to donate books their children have finished reading
Share your favourite way to acquire books for your classroom in the comments below.