Back to school supplies every teacher needs. But why? Teachers are busy people. We don’t have time to drive from store to store, thinking about what supplies we might need. Back to school supplies are on every teacher’s wish list.
Below is a list of ten essential back to school supplies every teacher needs to have a great start to their new school year. If I left something off the list you could not live without, connect with me on social media (@2peasandadog) to let me know.
This blog post contains affiliate links that are of no cost to the reader. If you make a purchase through the provided links, this blog will receive a small commission to help with the financial costs of maintaining the site.
10 Essential Back to School Supplies Every Teacher Needs
- Good Pens like these Paper Mate Felt Tip Pens Flair Marker Pens, Medium Point, Assorted, 24 Count – You will be grading for hours, so make sure you like your pens.
- Binder clips like these STPL Staples Binder Clips, Assorted Sizes, Black, 60-Pack – I use these clips to sort marking, photocopies, notes, and just about anything else in my classroom. These are essential, and I could not live without them.
- Fun sticky notes like these Post-it Pop-up Notes, 2 Bright Colors, America’s #1 Favorite Sticky Note, 3 in x 3 in – I love using different colours and shapes to add some sparkle to my day!
- Scented Markers like these Sanford® Mr. Sketch® Watercolor Markers, Scented Assorted Colors, Set Of 12 – Who says students get to have all the fun? These markers make anchor chart writing so much more enjoyable.
- A reliable water bottle like this one Nalgene Wide Mouth Water Bottle – Teachers love to talk, and we need to stay hydrated to avoid the 3 pm candy machine “dinner.”
- Good quality binders like these Amazon Basics 3 Ring Binder with 2 Inch D-Ring and Clear Overlay, White, 4-Pack – Invest in good solid binders that are sturdy and will not bend your lessons.
- Highlighters like these Value 5 Pack Sharpie Assorted Highlighters, Narrow Chisel Tip, 5 Per Pack, Pink, Orange, Yellow, Green and Blue (1963990) – I buy multi-colour packs so I can model different strategies or parts of a lesson in different colours.
- A metal stapler like this Swingline Stapler, Commercial Desk Stapler, 20 Sheet Capacity, Black (44401) – The plastic ones always jam when I am stapling student work.
- Coloured printer paper like this pack of Neenah Astrobrights® Bright Color Paper, Letter Size Paper, 24 lb, Assorted Colors, 500 Sheets – My students love it when task cards or other lesson components are printed out on fun-coloured paper.
- Pencils (for student use) like this box of golf pencils Dixon® Presharpened Golf Pencils, #2 Soft Lead, Yellow, Pack Of 144 – I keep a supply of pencils for student use. If you’re wondering why, you can check out this blog post for my reasons.
I hope you found something you may have forgotten about on this list of back to school supplies every teacher needs. School supplies aren’t just for students; teachers can have fun with them, too.
Other Back to School Ideas
- September Lesson Plans for Middle School ELA
- Back to School Activities Bundle
- Middle School Long Range Plans & Curriculum Maps