Using gradebook codes helps teachers streamline their marking pile. I am so happy that Stephanie from Stephanie’s History Store submitted this tip. For anyone who uses a paper grade book using codes to keep it organized will be a time saver.
To prevent your gradebook from getting the best of you, here are three go-to tips:
1) Highlight the grades after you input them into your digital grade book.
2) If a student doesn’t turn in an assignment when it is due, draw a diagonal line through the grade entry square – if it never gets turned in you can easily make it an x.
3) If a student is absent, outline with a pen the square of the grade box so you know not to count it as late when they come back to class.
More Assessment Resources
- Learn how to write long-range plans in this blog post.
- Middle School Curriculum Maps & Long-Range Plans
- Middle School Sub Plans
- Quick Assessment Strategies
- Quick Assessment Tips For Effective Student Evaluation
- 8 Ways to Efficient Grading Success