On Tuesday, February 9, our #2ndaryELA chat will focus on test preparation strategies.
8:05 Q1: Are your students required to take standardized tests? How many/often? What time of year? #2ndaryELA
8:10 Q2: How do you help students prepare for the content on high-stakes tests including the SAT, ACT, and AP exams? #2ndaryELA
8:15 Q3: How do you help students prepare for the format of high-stakes tests including the SAT, ACT, and AP exams? #2ndaryELA
8:20 Q4: Do you have students that suffer from test anxiety? How do you help students de-stress before or during testing? #2ndaryELA
8:25 Q5: -Share a test preparation resource that you find invaluable (book, article, blog post, type of technology, etc.) #2ndaryELA
1. Log into Twitter on Tuesday from 8-8:30 PM EST.
2. Search for tweets with the hashtag #2ndaryELA in the search bar. Make sure to click “All tweets.”
3. Introductions are for the first 5 minutes.
4. Starting at 8:05 (@literarymaven or @2peasandadog) will post questions every 5 minutes using the format Q1, Q2, Q3, etc. and the hashtag #2ndaryELA.
5. Respond to questions using the format A1, A2, A3, etc. with #2ndaryELA.
6. Follow any teachers responding and who are also using #2ndaryELA.
7. Like and respond to other teachers’ tweets.
New to chats? Here are the rules:
1. Stay on topic & stay positive!
2. Please do not post or promote paid products unless specifically asked.
3. If you arrive late, try to look through other posts before beginning.
4. Feel free to just read, like, and/or retweet.
5. Always use our hashtag #2ndaryELA, including in your replies to others.
6. Make sure your Twitter feed is set to public. (Also keep in mind that Twitter is completely public – that means students, parents, and administrators can and will read what you tweet.)