Brynn Allison, The Literary Maven & Kristy Avis, 2 Peas and a Dog are hosting #2ndaryELA on Twitter every Tuesday evenings. #2ndaryELA is a weekly chat for secondary English Language Arts teachers focused on a topic.
Every Sunday, we will post the topic and questions on our blogs to allow you to prepare for the upcoming Tuesday evening’s chat.
Thank you to everyone who joined us last week and we hope that you will join us again.
Want to read the recap of this chat? Click on the photo below.
On Tuesday, July 21, our #2ndaryELA chat will focus on the ELA classroom environment.
8:00 Intros – What and where do you teach? Include a link to your blog if you have one. #2ndaryELA
8:05 Q1: What makes your classroom appropriate for and appealing to secondary ELA students? #2ndaryELA
8:15 Q2: What are the “must haves” in your classroom? (furniture, decor, materials, etc.) #2ndaryELA
8:25 Q3: How do you showcase student work and evidence of learning? #2ndaryELA
8:35 Q4: How do you arrange your desks? Why does that work best for you and your students? #2ndaryELA
8:45 Q5: Share a picture of your classroom or one that inspires you. #2ndaryELA
1. Log into Twitter on Tuesday from 8-9 PM EST.
2. Search for tweets with the hashtag #2ndaryELA in the search bar. Make sure to click “All tweets.”
3. Introductions are for the first 5 minutes.
4. Starting at 8:05 (@literarymaven or @2peasandadog) will post questions every 10 minutes using the format Q1, Q2, Q3, etc. and the hashtag #2ndaryELA.
5. Respond to questions using the format A1, A2, A3, etc. with #2ndaryELA.
6. Follow any teachers responding and who are also using #2ndaryELA.
7. Like and respond to other teachers’ tweets.
You can schedule your responses to the questions ahead of time using a scheduler (but don’t forget to use A1, A2, etc. and #2ndaryELA). Links are encouraged, so be sure to use a link shortener. Just visit one of those links and paste your long link to shorten it for Twitter. Using images is also encouraged when relevant.
New to chats? Here are the rules:
1. Stay on topic & stay positive!
2. Please do not post or promote paid products unless specifically asked.
3. If you arrive late, try to look through other posts before beginning.
4. Feel free to just read, like, and/or retweet.
5. Always use our hashtag #2ndaryELA, including in your replies to others.
6. Make sure your Twitter feed is set to public. Also, keep in mind that Twitter is completely public – that means students, parents, and administrators can and will read what you tweet.