Teacher humor is needed to get through the hectic school season. Check out the 10 ways below to see if you live with a teacher!
- During the school year, they have two moods: complete exhaustion or super stressed.
- During assessment and reporting cycles you find a lot of reasons to leave the house.
- They continuously refer to their class as “my kids”, but you don’t remember having thirty kids.
- Every time they leave the house the morning they take more bags with them, than moving day.
- When their friends come over they speak in a secret language using words like Behaviour Plan, IEP, Duty, Supervision, Success Criteria, Anchor Charts.
- They complain about not being able to go to the washroom during the day -even though they really needed to.
- Has not eaten lunch in years.
- Part of your monthly house budget goes to school supplies such as stickers, pens, paper, glue and art supplies.
- They are only able to take vacations three times a year: Christmas Break, Spring Break and Summer Holidays.
- They leave the house looking clean and proper, and return covered in dust, chalk, vomit, whiteboard marker, pen ink or paint.
If the person you live with matches most of these descriptions, congratulations you live with a teacher!