A collection of 6 different graphic organizers to help students engage, connect and think critically about their reading. Students can write directly on the graphic organizers or they can collect their thoughts on sticky notes and use the graphic organizers as a study tool. Reading Strategies Included: plot, characters, connections, questions, predictions, as well as a before, during, after reading organizer. Find this resource on Shopify CAD and Teachers Pay Teachers USD.
This Back to School Bundle of activities is geared towards upper elementary and middle school students. It is a great mix of both independent and collaborative back-to-school activities for the first two weeks of school. Find this resource on Shopify CAD and Teachers Pay Teachers USD.
- Teacher Instructions (specific timeline included)
- Student Info Sheet (basic information)
- Interview The Room Activity (students mingle and get to know each other)
- Dear New To Me Teacher Letter Writing Activity (write a letter to their new teacher using sentence starters)
- Letter To Yourself Time Capsule Activity (graphic organizer style)
- Student Seating Plan Choice Card (provides an opportunity for student voice in the classroom)
- Classroom Identity Art Assignment (students advertise the classroom)
- Journal Writing Summer Vacation Prompts (5 different choices – can be glued into an interactive journal)
- Interactive Story Writing Activity (get students back into the writing groove)
- Back to School Bingo (fast and energetic first day get to know you activity)
More Back to School Ideas