1. Good Pens - you will be grading for hours so make sure you like your pens.
2. Binder clips - I use these clips to sort marking, photocopies, notes, and just about anything else in my classroom. These are essential and I could not live without them.
3. Fun sticky notes - I love using different colours and shapes to add some sparkle to day!
4. Scented Markers - who says students get to have all the fun? These markers make anchor chart writing so much more enjoyable.
5. Reliable water bottle - teachers love to talk and we need to stay hydrated to avoid the 3pm candy machine "dinner".
6. Good quality binders - invest in good solid binders that are study and will not bend your lessons. I still use lots of paper because my school is not 1:1.
7. Highlighters - I buy multi-colour packs so I can model different strategies or parts of a lesson in different colours.
8. Metal stapler - The plastic ones always jam when I am stapling student work.
9. Coloured printer paper/card stock - my students love it when task cards or other lesson components are printed out on fun coloured paper.
10. Comfortable teacher bag - you will be carrying many items in this bag make sure it has LOTS of pockets, and fits nicely on your car seat.